• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cops Mandated to Arrest on Underage Drinking and Driving?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 21, 2008, 11:54 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

So claims former cop Fred Parsells.

It probably wouldn't be a very popular instance of civil disobedience, but perhaps we can have the president serve a beer to someone underage (better yet, several underagers), they drink some of it, get behind the wheel, and drive somewhere. 

The cops may be able to ignore a puppet show and public gambling, but they are supposedly mandated to make an arrest on underage drinking and driving.  I am awaiting confirmation on this.

Kat Kanning

Are you volunteering the president to get thrown in jail?

FTL_Ian

If the president wants to serve someone a beer, I can't stop him.   :icon_pirat:

srqrebel

Sounds like a ploy by the ever conniving fascist scumbag Parsells to goad us into taking actions that would ruin our credibility with the public.

I'm all for civil disobedience that makes people actually stop and think about the issues. Promoting underage drinking and driving would only precipitate a severe public backlash, and permanently close peoples' minds to our message.

...at least, that's what I would envision :dontknow:

That would be an evil dream come true for Fred Parsells.

Atlas

Quote from: srqrebel on April 21, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT
Sounds like a ploy by the ever conniving fascist scumbag Parsells to goad us into taking actions that would ruin our credibility with the public.

I'm all for civil disobedience that makes people actually stop and think about the issues. Promoting underage drinking and driving would only precipitate a severe public backlash, and permanently close peoples' minds to our message.

...at least, that's what I would envision :dontknow:

That would be an evil dream come true for Fred Parsells.
Good point

FTL_Ian

What's wrong with a little drinking and driving?  There's no danger there.

Atlas

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 21, 2008, 12:48 PM NHFT
Right, but once you've been pinched--the danger sets in. For instance, $4500 (lawyer plus fine)-12mo probation-alcohol treatment that you gotta pay for-8 days on the work (slave) program-4 to 6 pts on driving record (which will affect applying for certain jobs). That's Mich of course, but I'm sure Nh has some similar BS. Like you say Ian, Caveat Emptor or in this case--driver beware ;D

Dave Ridley

FTL_Ian

J’raxis 270145

I think srqrebel's pointing out that you got this idea from a cop should be enough to show it's a bad idea. Of all the people to trust...

My own opinion is that drunk driving is harmless (risky... but harmless, unless an actual accident occurs), but that doesn't change the current  public perception moral panic surrounding the topic.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 21, 2008, 03:29 PM NHFT
What about just underage drinking and no driving?

There have been some ludicrous cases in other States where parents have been arrested for giving their own (late teen) children alcohol. If something like that is illegal here, it might make for good civdis.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on April 21, 2008, 04:38 PM NHFT

I think srqrebel's pointing out that you got this idea from a cop should be enough to show it's a bad idea. Of all the people to trust...

My own opinion is that drunk driving is harmless (risky... but harmless, unless an actual accident occurs), but that doesn't change the current  public perception moral panic surrounding the topic.

It wasn't his idea, and I don't trust him.  He just mentioned it was one of the only things cops are mandated to arrest for.

Kat Kanning

OK, say some dumb kid actually follows your advice and does what you suggest here.  How would you feel if he got hurt or killed?  Or if someone else got hurt or killed?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 21, 2008, 06:05 PM NHFT
OK, say some dumb kid actually follows your advice and does what you suggest here.  How would you feel if he got hurt or killed?  Or if someone else got hurt or killed?

I didn't say get wasted and drive.  Half a beer to a beer wouldn't do anything at all.

FTL_Ian