• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What's your thoughts on being an organ donor?

Started by Raineyrocks, April 22, 2008, 05:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Caleb on April 28, 2008, 12:56 PM NHFT
Heat death might put an end to your biological existence.

Although I plan to extend my biological existence to around 120 years, but beyond that I think quality of life would go down so much that I'll probably get bored and move on.  :P  I like it here, but I'm not a masochist.

Do you know who I really think would never get bored if he lived past 120 years?  Steve Irwin and look at how young he died and in such a bizarre way too! 

I was just reading about stingrays yesterday and  a lot of people were stabbed by them and survived but Steve got it right in the heart, didn't he? 

srqrebel

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 28, 2008, 05:01 PM NHFT
Neato, how?

You'll love to hear what noted Cambridge researcher Aubrey de Grey has to say on this. He has an exciting 20-minute video on TED.com. I don't know how to embed (yet!), so here is the link instead:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/39

Raineyrocks

Quote from: srqrebel on April 29, 2008, 01:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on April 28, 2008, 05:01 PM NHFT
Neato, how?

You'll love to hear what noted Cambridge researcher Aubrey de Grey has to say on this. He has an exciting 20-minute video on TED.com. I don't know how to embed (yet!), so here is the link instead:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/39

Darn it stalled on me, I'll listen to it later, thanks! :D  All the phones in our house aren't working,  the computer is running slow, something weird is going on here. :o

ByronB

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 25, 2008, 12:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: ByronB on April 23, 2008, 02:14 PM NHFT
I am a organ donor, I seriously have my witness signatures and everything... however it is specified that I will only donate my brain, nothing else. So next time sometime in the future when some poor body has a damaged brain and I've probably crashed my Kawasaki ZX12R I can rest peacefully knowing I am doing all I can to save some unfortunates body.

But how can you donate your brain if you crashed your bike, wouldn't it be mush?

As long as I don't smash directly into something and I have a decent helmet on I imagine my brain would be ok for a second life...

Tunga

It's only encouragement for the doctors to cut you up and farm you out when you might have survived a big trama.

"It's only at the turning point, that you find out how you fight." - Rael

From "The lamb lies down on Broadway" by Genesis