• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Still need help for 8/15 in Northampton with FSP outreach

Started by Fluff and Stuff, July 14, 2005, 03:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

I have very exciting news.? The Vans Warped Tour (the largest traveling rock tour in the nation) has approved the Free State Project as a non-profit vendor.? That means we can get 4 people in for free, a few chairs, and a table.? It is very important to have at least a couple people at the table for the whole day.? I am the Vans contact on this.

So far, we are onboard in Buffalo, NY on 7/26.  We are working on getting approved for Pittsburgh, PA on 8/1 and  North Hampton, MA on 8/15 (this is the final show and close to NH).  I will attend the Buffalo  (on the way to Porcfest) and the Pittsburgh shows (on my drive back to TN).  However, I need people to attend the Northampton show and of course, I could always use more help at the other shows.

The Warped Tour features top punk, metal, and rock bands and each stop is attended by 1000s and 1000s of people.? The average age ranges from 14-24, although parents come with many of the younger kids.? The people attending the Northampton, MA stop are already used to snow and cold climates, so that should not be a big problem with recruiting.? Also, many of the people like causes and many of the bands sing about joining causes.? This is a prime recruiting opportunity.

I am in the process of gathering materials to give out.? I?m working on various flyers, stickers, bumper stickers, and even matches.

However, I need manpower to help.? I also need a point person for the Northampton show.? Please, my brothers and sister, join me and show the world what the New Hampshire Underground can do.

http://www.warpedtour.com

Thanks,
Keith

Lloyd Danforth

Is it Boston or Northhampton?  Northhampton is doable for me, although I'm fucking old and will really, really hate the music.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 14, 2005, 03:22 PM NHFT
Is it Boston or Northhampton?? Northhampton is doable for me, although I'm fucking old and will really, really hate the music.

It is Northhampton.  It is listed on Warped as Boston they usually do it at a near-by city because it is easier for people from out of town that way.

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 14, 2005, 03:22 PM NHFT
Is it Boston or Northhampton?? Northhampton is doable for me, although I'm fucking old and will really, really hate the music.

You forgot to mention grumpy too.

Lloyd Danforth

Does this mean you're volunteering to help?

Pat K

Well it's a Monday so I'M off. But it is pretty far ahead planning for me so a definate maybe.
But only if you promise to be grumpy and complain alot about theese kids new fangeld music.

Lloyd Danforth

Turns out it is in Northhampton, right off 91. I'll try to be grumpy, but, it might be hard if the chicks are hot and not sporting overalls and underarm hair. :D

Pat K

Do you see alot of women in overalls with arm hair?

Is this a New England thing?

Friday

I would love to help out at the Boston show, but unfortunately I have to fly back to California to take my final exams because I couldn't find an exam proctor near me. And of course, Professor Dan McGuire moves to NH AFTER I buy my plane ticket. Curses!!!  >:( (I mean about the timing, not about Dan moving to NH.  ;) )

Lloyd Danforth

Too Bad!  You could explain what was going on to me and Pat.
Its actually in Northhampton, Mass.  1000 professors per square mile!

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Pat K on July 14, 2005, 04:52 PM NHFT

Is this a New England thing?
Just in the Connecticut Valley between Springfield and Greenfield.
It was true at the last concert I went to in Northhampton 25 years ago.

Russell Kanning

I can make this happen.....I will even like the music 8)

This is 4 promoting the FSP?....maybe we can snag the other president....Amanda

We will have plenty of volunteers.....no way we can keep JP away from this  :D

Russell Kanning

Nice n close to the center of freedom....Keene :D

....if only Joey could be here by then :)

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 14, 2005, 05:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on July 14, 2005, 04:52 PM NHFT

It was true at the last concert I went to in Northhampton 25 years ago.

That was the '80s, Lloyd. Nowadays, the 20-somethings don't have any hair --anywhere-- below the neck.

I like this century.  ;D

Kevin

Kevin

Kat Kanning