• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Still need help for 8/15 in Northampton with FSP outreach

Started by Fluff and Stuff, July 14, 2005, 03:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Do you have guys there that can help?

Russell Kanning

thinkin' Mincin might know some folks in the 'Burg......but maybe he ain't getting no luv'n from there anymore. ;)

davemincin

I still have a few contacts in the Burg...One just moved to Manchester on Saturday! ;D

davemincin

Quote from: TN-FSP on July 21, 2005, 03:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: davemincin on July 21, 2005, 03:22 PM NHFT
I still have a few contacts in the Burg...One just moved to Manchester on Saturday! ;D

Are any of them really into the FSP and want to help work a table at the Van's Warped Tour?

Hey, truth, really don't know I have been in NH for the last year and a half.? No disrespect intented,
but my table is full.? Really don't do much with appeals thrown out on these forums, but to respond
to folks who respond to me personally.? That's me, the freedom thing you know, and how I do my
thing.

Time is short, if you want to lay out what you need to be personally I can see if I can lend assistance,
but please understand just don't have time to be all, and respond to all requests, when I really don't
have a true picture of what you are looking for.

Have no problem with asking the folks to get involved, but not going to ask them unless I have a clear
understand of what I am asking them to do.? Personally only see that as fair.

Elvis

Dave, what's to know?  It's outreach on behalf of the FSP.  You hand out literature, talk to people, and answer basic questions about the project.  It's pretty simple.

GCG199

I am the FSP member from Pittsburgh that just moved to Manchester on July 15th (that Dave Mincin was talking about in the post above). If I was still in Pittsburgh, I would be more than able to help. I am not even going to make it to Porc Fest, because I am job-hunting right now.

I will tell you what I can do. I will send links of this thread to the WPA FSP discussion group list and one other FSP-interested person that I know in Pittsburgh. Maybe that will get you the help that you need.

Kat Kanning

Hey!  Welcome to New Hampshire!!  ;D

GCG199

Yes, I saw that as I still am subscribed to the WPA FSP group. But the guy I know, I am not certain if he is on that group or not...He is a part of a college Federalist Society (FS) group at Pitt. Maybe some of his other FS members stayed on in Pittsburgh during the Summer break and might be able to help you out. I will post back here again when I get a reply from him.

Hello Kat, thank you very much for the welcome. Things are going very well for me since I moved here. Just got out and went to a LP meeting today in Amherst. It is good to finally meet folks in person and see who is on the various forums. I look forward to meeting you and Russell soon. ;D

Fluff and Stuff

8/11 Update:
FSP activism at Van?s Warped Tour stop in Northampton on 8/15
http://www.warpedtour.com/8-15.html
Exact location- Three County Fairgrounds
http://www.3countyfair.com/facility.htm

8/11 Update:
I had a few people back out of this.  One person thought he might be in NH looking at housing and was going to extend his vacation for this event.  Lucky for him, he already found a house and will soon be moving to NH.  Two people had to back out because of family illness, I wish them the best.

Lloyd Dan forth ( lrdan4th@aol.com ) is the local point person.  Russell told me that he gave Lloyd a whole mess of wick cool stickers.  A 6 foot by 2 foot banner was sent to Lloyd today via FedEx overnight shipping.  The rest of the supplies (bumper stickers, issue flyers, tri-folds, cool info flyers, mini-posters, friend sign-up sheets, matches, FSP myspace friend sign-up sheet) should be overnighted within the hour.  Hopefully, this means the supplies are taken care of.

However, manpower is a different story.  So far, Lloyd is confirmed.  Marina wants to go (she is a lovely liberty activist in her 25-35?s) but she lives in the Cambridge area and needs a ride.  A couple other people in the Underground said they were interested at one time but have not gotten back to my email so I don?t know about them. 

The FSP has been given four free passes to this event.  This is the last Warped Tour stop of the year and ideally, we should have four people at the event.  Joel Rauch has expressed some interest but informed me he would need to get of work to go.  I?ll get back to him as soon as I post this message.

Anyone want to help?  May anyone pick up Marina?

GCG199

Joel Rauch just called me a little while ago about this. I will be able to go with him as long as he is going. I am carless right now. If his ride falls through, we will have to make arrangements with someone else to let me go with them. Let me know what is going on.

Russell Kanning

Fluff and Stuff

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

We probably can do it .... I thought they had all the people they needed. I will like some of the music. 8)

Russell Kanning