• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

why do people still consume aspartame drinks?

Started by kola, April 26, 2008, 08:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kola

the classic line, Puke.

did darwin say that too?

LOL  ;)

Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Caleb on April 26, 2008, 12:18 PM NHFT
You know, William James was famous for saying that "It only takes one white crow to prove that not all crows are black."  I heard a report awhile back about a case of AIDS where there was no HIV infection, and it was being dismissed as anomalous, but at the time I was thinking, "well, how is our white crow doing?" Maybe I'll try to look it up and see what I can find.

This seems to be one of the major problems of the use of statistics in science. It literally allows scientists to ignore counterexamples by simply renaming them "statistical outliers."

Lloyd Danforth

I have to have some Aspartame from time to time or my third nipple shrinks up

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 27, 2008, 08:13 AM NHFT

Well that's just horrible. Then you won't be able to... wait. What do you do with that third nipple?  :o

BaneOfTheBeast

Quote from: Caleb on April 26, 2008, 12:18 PM NHFT
Now, a little after Ryan White died, Magic Johnson was found to have HIV. That was 1991. Seventeen years later, he's still alive and kicking. Different drugs, people always tell me. Bullshit. Ryan White was on AZT. Same drug as Magic Johnson, and Johnson didn't start deteriorating to the point where they had to switch him. (He switched drugs, sure, but not because of rapid deterioration with AZT). I say this:  Whatever killed Ryan White was a completely different thing than what has barely touched Magic Johnson.
Theres a lot of alternate treatments for HIV/AIDS - one of which Magic Johnson was probbly doing in addition to his medication - lord knows he has the money and therefore greater access as well, most likely.

grasshopper

My big fat room mate has aches and pains, it feels like his joints are going to explode, he can't sleep and he is addicted to aspertame (or whatever) this shit was made in a chemical weapons factory.  It is bad stuff.

John Edward Mercier

Somehow the suggestion of more government involvement in personal choices, just doesn't sit well with me. I really don't see how Menno's making the personal choice to drink Diet Coke affect me. But then again, I don't own an orange grove.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on April 27, 2008, 08:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 27, 2008, 08:13 AM NHFT

Well that's just horrible. Then you won't be able to... wait. What do you do with that third nipple?  :o

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:  Your brave Dalebert, I was too afraid to ask!