• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Westmorland has no 'real' police department

Started by David, April 26, 2008, 09:00 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

They have a keene cop that is contracted as a constable.  They are supposed to get a second one soon.  Tom at the Keiligh House said they have light zoning. 
I'm starting to like the (non city   :-\  )area.  There was 90 some acres for sale on Hurricane rd., part in Westmoreland and part in Keene. 

dalebert

Well then I'm assuming crime must be absolutely rampant there. </sarcasm>

Kat Kanning

srqrebel

Yeah... that constable is trying to get the city of Westmoreland to buy a used Ford Explorer from the Keene police dept. for $2500, so he doesn't have to drive his personal vehicle. Oh, but he says he doesn't do the job for the money -- he just enjoys providing his much-needed services to the town.

Meanwhile, Westmoreland city officials are not sure they would want the vehicle if it was donated to them! >:D

Mark_FTL

Quote from: srqrebel on April 26, 2008, 11:41 AM NHFT
Oh, but he says he doesn't do the job for the money -- he just enjoys providing his much-needed services to the town.

I wonder if he donates the $6000 a year they give him to charity.

David- I would recommend against building. Its heartbreaking and more costly than you can ever project. I would have shot someone if it wasn't for Jim, Roger and Russell.

I recommend buying some existing place, there aren't nearly as many rules imposed by the town and the state. Even in Westmoreland, it took me 2 months to get through the Planning and Zoning Boards.

J’raxis 270145

Doesn't Grafton have only one police officer, who's elected?

David

Quote from: Mark_FTL on April 26, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: srqrebel on April 26, 2008, 11:41 AM NHFT
Oh, but he says he doesn't do the job for the money -- he just enjoys providing his much-needed services to the town.

I wonder if he donates the $6000 a year they give him to charity.

David- I would recommend against building. Its heartbreaking and more costly than you can ever project. I would have shot someone if it wasn't for Jim, Roger and Russell.

I recommend buying some existing place, there aren't nearly as many rules imposed by the town and the state. Even in Westmoreland, it took me 2 months to get through the Planning and Zoning Boards.
I tend to agree.  I am wavering a bit because Caleb made a good case for buying land then building.  I don't intend to follow the 'rules' so land alone would make a relatively low cost risk.  But you are right, headache and cost is my big concern with trying to build my own thing.  I can prolly build a shack, but not much more without paying someone. 

Coconut

Quote from: David on April 27, 2008, 07:40 PM NHFT
I don't intend to follow the 'rules' so land alone would make a relatively low cost risk.

Did you count the cost of hay? This guy piled hay up on his property so nobody could see him building an illegal castle behind it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=510161&in_page_id=1770

David

I have actually thought of putting up a wooden privacy fence, then building.   ;D  Never anything that extravigant.  I like simplicity.  It is cheaper, and thus lower risk if the soviet planners want to try to force me to destroy it.  (I won't). 

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: David on April 28, 2008, 04:38 PM NHFT
I have actually thought of putting up a wooden privacy fence, then building.   ;D  Never anything that extravigant.  I like simplicity.  It is cheaper, and thus lower risk if the soviet planners want to try to force me to destroy it.  (I won't). 

Build underground.