• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

My first born baby is moving to New Hampshire!!!

Started by Raineyrocks, April 18, 2008, 04:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I'm so happy!  The circumstances of why her and the 2 grandkids are moving up aren't great and I'm not happy about that but I'm totally thrilled that she's coming up.

I'm bummed that my other daughter moved out after she turned 18, (yes I have a complex now about why all my kids move out right away after they turn 18), but they end up coming back home sooner or later. :dontknow:  Rick and I sat up all night after she moved out and went over anything we could think of that maybe is our fault and I just don't know.  I'm not that hard to live with, oh well, it must be Rick then! :biglaugh:  Just kidding!

David

The babies gotta spread the wings at some point, and 18 is the majic number these days for doing it.  It is good that you are still there for her. 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: David on April 21, 2008, 12:45 PM NHFT
The babies gotta spread the wings at some point, and 18 is the majic number these days for doing it.  It is good that you are still there for her. 

Gosh I remember  when kids would leave home in their late twenties, at last my aunts & uncles.  My grandmother was such a special part of my life and from watching her when I was a kid, I learned to always be there for my kids like she was for hers.  Of course I know the difference, well I'm still learning some of it, between enabling and being there for them. :)

Raineyrocks

My daughter that is supposed to be moving up here this weekend just had her SUV totaled!  Unbelievable, she had her girlfriend take the Arby $$ to the bank at noon time and a bicyclist came out of nowhere and the girl swerved to avoid hitting him and smashed into some lady driving down the road.

Everybody is fine, well the lady that got hit was fine until her neck started hurting so there will probably be a lawsuit in there too.  This girl wasn't on Arby's time clock either, I don't know if that would've mattered but anyways my daughter still owes on the SUV so hopefully she will at least break even and be able to pay her loan off.

If she buys a used car up here from a dealership because she will not have enough $$ to buy a privately owned car, will she have to pay taxes on a car up here?  I don't know the extent of living in a no state tax that's why I'm asking.    Also if she decides to go that route after she gets here can anybody recommend a reputable car dealership?