• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Marijuana Smoking in Public

Started by FTL_Ian, April 30, 2008, 10:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Looks like the political system fails again as the most insignificant marijuana decrim bill was voted down 4-0 by the Senate Judiciary Committee and is likely to die its final death on Thursday.

Here you can listen to some NH police jackass talk about how he thinks there's no parallel between alcohol and drug prohibition:
http://nhcommonsense.org/blog/nhpr_the_mellowing_marijuana_laws

I still think that a civil disobedience involving a wide range of marijuana consumers "coming out of the closet" could be very powerful.  Anyone else interested?  Should we do this at the next Freedom Fest?  Sooner?  Later?

Puke

What about having people smoke hand rolled tobacco cigs at the same time.
It could throw a wrench in their arrest process.
I don't know, just a thought.
Probably a stupid thought.
I'll stop thinking now.

FTL_Ian

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 30, 2008, 10:27 AM NHFT
I've always loved that idea.

2nded. I think the idea is to change people's attitudes with as little cost as possible. If we can change attitudes without going to jail, that's better IMO. That's innovation.

Coconut

A couple guys we met during copwatch on Friday wanted to sit in the Main Street median smoking tobacco from a bong. Is that arrestable under bongs being "drug paraphernalia"

Kat Kanning

I doubt it, since you can sell bongs openly in the stores.

kola

Ian, you should have asked the Keene Kopper how he felt about maryjane decrim in your meeting last night.

btw officer Jacko (yeah I am sure you are wasting tax dollars reading this), I am from Colorado. and its a damn police state here in Denver and Colorado Springs.   

I have lost all respect for newage cops and imo there are not any good honest cops in the cities. And they are enforcing bullshit laws that the violate personal freedoms of common folk. BTW, my uncle is a retired cop and fully agrees with my thoughts. (check out who Jack Lamb is too)

I am sick of hearing gooncops saying "well there ARE some good cops ya know" and "well yeah that was just one bad apple". 

and then the classic "I am just doing my job". 

If cops want respect they have to earn it. Wearing black, a badge, carrying weapons and attempting to enFORCE half assed "laws"  will never earn the respect of the people.

and as far as stating that "cops risk their lives everyday" I recommend you look up what the most dangerous professions really are. Law enforcement aint at the top of the list.

read the constitution and understand it and then think about that oath you took and how you dishonor it.

just one man from Colorado, (feel free to look me up in your spyfile data)
Kola

Beth221

i only smoke hand rolled ciggs, and get interesting look from others while walking the dog.  I am always daring them to stop me. 

Coconut

Quote from: kola on April 30, 2008, 03:28 PM NHFT

and then the classic "I am just doing my job".  

"We're out here for your protection."

highline

Quote from: Coconut on April 30, 2008, 11:37 AM NHFT
A couple guys we met during copwatch on Friday wanted to sit in the Main Street median smoking tobacco from a bong. Is that arrestable under bongs being "drug paraphernalia"

Absolutely not.

NH's drug paraphernalia law ONLY applies to the sale, transfer, manufacturing, possession with intent to transfer something intended to be used as drug paraphernalia.  If you possessed a "bong" and it contained marijuana residue, that would not be a separate charge. 

RSA 318-B:2 (II)

II. It shall be unlawful for any person to deliver, possess with intent to deliver, or manufacture with intent to deliver, drug paraphernalia, knowing that it will be used or is customarily intended to be used to plant, propagate, cultivate, grow, harvest, manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, pack, repack, store, contain, conceal, ingest, inhale, or otherwise introduce into the human body a controlled substance.

Bear in mind though - if you have any amount, even trace amounts of Marijuana, that is a violation of the law.

If you go into any smoke shop you will notice signs that clearly say if you mention illegal drugs you will be forced to leave.  That is because if you talk about using any of their products for anything other than tobacco or some other legal product they would be in violation of RSA 318-B:2 II.

It is illegal for someone under the age of 18 to possess hypodermic needles without a prescription pursuant to RSA 318:52-e.

Control or Possession of Hypodermic or Like Instruments Without Prescription Prohibited for Minors. – No person under 18 years of age shall have under such person's control or possess a hypodermic syringe, hypodermic needle, or any instrument adapted for the administration of drugs by injection, unless the person has received a written or oral prescription issued under RSA 318:52-c. For the purpose of this subdivision, no such prescription shall be valid which has been outstanding for more than one year.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: highline on April 30, 2008, 04:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on April 30, 2008, 11:37 AM NHFT

Absolutely not.

NH's drug paraphernalia law ONLY applies to the sale, transfer, manufacturing, possession with intent to transfer something intended to be used as drug paraphernalia.  If you possessed a "bong" and it contained marijuana residue, that would not be a separate charge. 

RSA 318-B:2 (II)

II. It shall be unlawful for any person to deliver, possess with intent to deliver, or manufacture with intent to deliver, drug paraphernalia, knowing that it will be used or is customarily intended to be used to plant, propagate, cultivate, grow, harvest, manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, pack, repack, store, contain, conceal, ingest, inhale, or otherwise introduce into the human body a controlled substance.

Bear in mind though - if you have any amount, even trace amounts of Marijuana, that is a violation of the law.

If you go into any smoke shop you will notice signs that clearly say if you mention illegal drugs you will be forced to leave.  That is because if you talk about using any of their products for anything other than tobacco or some other legal product they would be in violation of RSA 318-B:2 II.

It is illegal for someone under the age of 18 to possess hypodermic needles without a prescription pursuant to RSA 318:52-e.

Control or Possession of Hypodermic or Like Instruments Without Prescription Prohibited for Minors. – No person under 18 years of age shall have under such person's control or possess a hypodermic syringe, hypodermic needle, or any instrument adapted for the administration of drugs by injection, unless the person has received a written or oral prescription issued under RSA 318:52-c. For the purpose of this subdivision, no such prescription shall be valid which has been outstanding for more than one year.

I think the head shops call bongs bubble blowers now, don't they?

FTL_Ian

K. Darien Freeheart

Couldn't you have done this on Sunday. :(

This is one of the few things I think my wife would actually be motivated to do. I LOVE the intermindgled use of tobacco thing - it would make arresting people annoying at the very least and to those who think on it a second would realize there's no REAL difference between smoking of weed and smoking some tobacco.

FTL_Ian

I think Central Sq. would be a nice location.

ReverendRyan

I would like to see something, flash mob style, on the lawn of the capitol after the senate lets out from the decrim bill, win or lose.