• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Monsanto the GMO Kings

Started by kola, May 01, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Evidence that Monsanto is an evil corporation. Not GM technology itself or GMOs in general. Monsanto.

kola

so you've seen the video?

I am beginning to think I am wasting my time with you.

add"btw jraxi, have you avoided my other request about proving your claim about how much I post in regards to vaccine corruption? or you going to play hop-scotch forum discussion? You seemed to quickly jump on this thread and failed to respond to the other one. Let me know if you plan to avoid it or pursue it. Thanks.

Kola

ReverendRyan

Yes, trying to convince people to defeat threats that don't exist is a colossal waste of time.

J’raxis 270145

I read the article, which says nothing beyond criticizing Monsanto for a variety of reasons. Monsanto is using GM technology irresponsibly and dangerously. Monsanto is patenting their inventions. Monsanto engages in sleazy practices to force farmers to buy their products.

Nothing about GM itself. All about Monsanto.

kola

QuoteI read the article,

Good... but I asked if you watched the video?

are you not interested? or just refusing to accept it by ignoring it completely?

so much for you practicing "good science."

omission of evidence is not good science.

maybe your mind is already made up?

in that case, anything brought to the table (by me) will be a waste of my time.

Kola

Puke

Ahh, the typical conspiracy nut getting all mad b/c someone doesn't do enough 'research'.

kola

not at all puke.

how can there be a discussion when one side refuses to look at the info presented?

why are YOU always so quick to voice your opinions but almost never present any substance?

You act like a cheerleader.

Kola

ReverendRyan

Quote from: kola on May 01, 2008, 03:07 PM NHFT
not at all puke.

how can there be a discussion when one side refuses to look at the info presented?

why are YOU always so quick to voice your opinions but almost never present any substance?

You act like a cheerleader.

Kola

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=13657.0

Pay close attention to numbers 2, 3, 10, 16, 21, 22, and 23, hereafter known as the Kola Kodex.

Puke

Because it's fun to fuck with you.
This is the internet, quit being so serious.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on May 01, 2008, 02:36 PM NHFT
QuoteI read the article,

Good... but I asked if you watched the video?

are you not interested? or just refusing to accept it by ignoring it completely?

I didn't. I assumed the article was a reasonably faithful summary of whatever's in the video, and the article only talks about Monsanto's doings.

I'm downloading it now (it's 213MiB) and will watch it when I have time.

kola

Quote from: Puke on May 01, 2008, 03:59 PM NHFT

Because it's fun to fuck with you.
This is the internet, quit being so serious.

i like having fun too but it seems your idea of fun is different then mine.

i dont get "fun" by demeaning someone at every opportunity or think "fucking with someone" (in your above sarcastic terminology) is fun either.

I do not particulary care for "being fucked with" and I am sure things might be a bit different if you "fucked with me" to my face. Now do not jump on your happy-bus and think that means you would end up with a broken nose. I just mean that people act quite different behind the screen in Webville than they would in real life.

I don't.

fun is fun but your continuous shit against me is getting old, ya know?

why not make an attempt to contribute something worthwhile to a discussion?

or just continue to fuck with people like some rotten little teenager.

Kola

Puke

Dylboz

Every time two beings mate or a flower is pollenated by a bee, genetic engineering is taking place! Recombinant DNA is how mutations, and ultimately, the evolution of new or better adapted species, occurs. So what, a fish gene gets added to a tomato? Unless it codes for a protein I am specifically allergic too, it's still a fruit (or vegetable.. wait, Mr. Wizard says it's a vegetable on the vine, but a fruit on the table). GMO foods have the potential to transform the world for the better, the worst part is not the so-called "frankenfoods," but stupid IP laws that force farmers to be dependent on Monsanto or whoever. Once the technology is out there, let it go! That orange rice that produces Vitamin A could save millions of children from blindness, but people are afraid of it. So stupid, it's like those penis shrinking African voodoo people, very superstitious! 7 billion people will not be fed on all-natural organic produce, we need this stuff!

Raineyrocks

There are a lot of sites people can google for themselves about GM foods so I'm not going to list any of them, look them up yourselves if your interested.

Let's just go off of some simple, common logic here.   Almost everything has a certain order in this world to keep the earth sustainable, agreed?  If too many insects are wiped out it will have an enormous effect on the earth's ecology, balance and order,etc.  Plain and simple.

So let's leave Monsanto out of it so this doesn't become a big debate about who's doing what even though Monsanto has their greedy little corporate hands in a bit of everything that is messing with nature.  Obviously fruits, vegetables and their cultivation have a natural process to maintain a balance so if these scientists want to mess with this , splice that, add that gene, take away this gene, how in the world could you see that as a positive step forward?  Do you know when they mixed the Brazil nut, (I believe but am too tired to look it up so be my guest), with the soybean or corn, whatever, people that were allergic to nuts died?  Don't you think people should be informed of what the heck they are paying to eat?

Okay let's use the argument that this would create better crops and feed the starving people in the world.  Have you seen food prices lately?  Have you seen the end of starvation?  No, what you are or aren't seeing is corporations that don't give a damn about you lining their pockets with $ from these weirdo inventions, google the Monarch Butterflies and see how they're doing.  Oh yeah and don't forget to look up food shortages!  Wow, this gm stuff has really helped, hasn't it?

I don't get why when Kola puts something up about a vaccine or fake freaking food why some people are so eager to call him nuts.  Kola usually, except a couple of times to my knowledge, doesn't start getting nasty until after he's put through a bunch of ignorant bullshit from people that seem to just like to argue.

I think it's really nice that we can learn different and new things from each other on here but lately it's been debate after debate, why?
Isn't that the division that the govt. so obviously wants to put in between people so we are not a collective, well informed unity?  No wonder so many things are going to hell in a hand basket.

That's all I have to say and I really don't care to partake in a debate, a conversation sure, a debate, no thanks!  Now I'm going to bed to lie beside my husband.

Good night everybody!