• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I kinda like Keene!

Started by Mellamo, May 01, 2008, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellamo

Hi, I'm a 19 year old freestater from SD. And guess what? I'm in NH right now!! I'm traveling to Manchester and I'm planning on staying in Porc Central, but I spent the day in Keene today and I think I like it. I'd consider myself to be a voluntaryist/freemarketeer/ancap and politics doesn't interest me very much, so it seems like Keene is the place to be for me, philosophically at least.

Of course I'm going to check out Manchester before I make any decisions, but Keene is very interesting.

Well, I don't have much else to say... Just thought I'd say "hi"!

Oh, and I ate at Panera Bread today, in my FTL T-shirt of course.  8) Too bad Julia wasn't there. Oh well, I enjoyed the sandwich anyway.

kola

Why do you like Keene in comparison to other cities?

Kola

Mellamo

Quote from: kola on May 01, 2008, 08:28 PM NHFT
Why do you like Keene in comparison to other cities?

Kola

Well, it's the first place I've been in NH... so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm just saying that I like it. It also seems to be a good place for nonpolitical people, from what I've been reading.

TackleTheWorld

Welcome to New Hampsha, Shaka

FTL_Ian

I've been to the other places, and Keene is the best!  Best place, best people!

Julia was there till 4p today, FYI.

So, are you just visiting?

Mark_FTL

You should have let Ian and I know you were coming. We try to make time for listeners who visit for the FSP. Especially AMPers ;D

J’raxis 270145

Porcupine Realtor

You should come to the MVP gathering this Saturday, May 3rd in Manchester at Murphy's Taproom.  Your rommates at 412 Central will know about it.  Come on out and meet some fellow Free Staters.  We look forward to seeing you there.  11:00 a.m., 494 Elm St.

Mellamo

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 01, 2008, 08:46 PM NHFT
I've been to the other places, and Keene is the best!  Best place, best people!

Julia was there till 4p today, FYI.

So, are you just visiting?

Yeah, we're on our way to Manchester and we just took a break in Keene today. Maybe I'll be back, though. I'd just need to find a place to stay.

Quote from: Mark_FTL on May 01, 2008, 08:46 PM NHFT
You should have let Ian and I know you were coming. We try to make time for listeners who visit for the FSP. Especially AMPers ;D

I guess I figured you guys were busy, you know, working.  ;)

I'll keep that in mind.   :D

Quote from: Taxinator on May 01, 2008, 09:06 PM NHFT
You should come to the MVP gathering this Saturday, May 3rd in Manchester at Murphy's Taproom.  Your rommates at 412 Central will know about it.  Come on out and meet some fellow Free Staters.  We look forward to seeing you there.  11:00 a.m., 494 Elm St.

This Saturday I'll be attending my aunt's friend's wedding, so I'll have to catch the next one. I might go to the Social Sunday thing in Keene this week though.

Yeah, I traveled here with my aunt, so I'm hanging out with her for the next week or so. Since I'm with her I'm taking it easy with the FSP stuff for the moment, but she seems to be down with it. She's open-minded and rational, but she just hasn't heard of libertarianism before. We had a very nice discussion in the car.  :)

But when I'm with her I'm kind of in tourist mode.

David

Welcome Home. 
Keene is a pretty, relatively quiet city.  Bigger than most towns, but has most of the big city amenities.  It is the smallest city I have ever lived in.  I liked Manchvegas, and landed there at porc central initially.  Moved because the activism here was more my cup of tea. 
If you are concerned about interupting anyones schedule, I wouldn't worry too much.  Many of us meet every sunday at Vendetta in downtown Keene.  Even if you are visiting, make a new topic announcing it, and those that have the time off may try to meet you.  I didn't have to start getting ready for work till about 3pm, so I would have been happy to meet up with you.   :)

kola

Keene does sound prety cool

Is is close to the ocean?

what is the population of Keene and what types of jobs are available there?

is the town of Keene growing?

Kola

FTL_Ian

Quote from: kola on May 02, 2008, 11:03 AM NHFT
Keene does sound prety cool

Is is close to the ocean?

what is the population of Keene and what types of jobs are available there?

is the town of Keene growing?

Kola

http://move.freekeene.com

kola

it sounds nice.

as a seafood lover I miss it fresh, none here in Colorado.

kola

Kat Kanning

Keene is closer to the ocean than CO is.  :o

Free libertarian

Quote from: kola on May 02, 2008, 11:42 AM NHFT
it sounds nice.

as a seafood lover I miss it fresh, none here in Colorado.

kola
...wait until Antarctica melts, plenty of seafood in Colorado then.  ;D

FYI - Keene is on the lower west corner of NH, maybe a short couple of hours from the ocean.
It's a state college town and seems pretty nice, never lived there but I'd imagine jobs are easier to come by there then say up here in the hills of GRAFTON.  We Graftonites sometimes hook up the mule team and venture down to the flat lands of NH for provisions sich as beans, bacon, flour and store bought foofarah. 
   Anywhere in NH is pretty close to other parts of NH, relatively speaking and it's all good. 
The more liberty minded people we get...cool.