• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I kinda like Keene!

Started by Mellamo, May 01, 2008, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kola

I would prolly like Grafton because of the mountains and rurals.

Keene is a big town. My town is of 2000.

Kola

K. Darien Freeheart

I like Keene alot!

My first impression with the people was seeing a dad walk into Friendly's with two kids, a boy and a girl (have I mentioned I HATE kids?). They walked over to a vending machine with an "Out of order" sign on it and the girl asked what it meant. The dad read the words off, and she said something politely to "I understand the words, but what does it mean?". The father explained what it meant and the son said "What a rip off!" and they all laughed.

A person (a dad, at that!) actually explaining something to their kid? Wow. Around here the only explanation is "Don't touch that!" and when asked why "Cuz I said so".

On my way into Price Choppers I noticed a license plate that said +GUNS+.

I've been in Maryland for two and a half years and I've still not found two things I like... Keene did it twice in a few hours.

Puke

I love Keene. It's small but has plenty of places to shop and eat. Not much in the way of clubs, but I don't do that anyway.
The theater sucks, but there is a great video store.

I'd call the town very Norman Rockwell-esque.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Puke on May 02, 2008, 03:06 PM NHFT
I love Keene. It's small but has plenty of places to shop and eat. Not much in the way of clubs, but I don't do that anyway.
The theater sucks, but there is a great video store.

I'd call the town very Norman Rockwell-esque.

I've heard The Colonial is very nice.  The Key Road Cinemas are nothing to write home about.  Brattleboro's Kipling Cinemas is nicer.

kola

any strip joints?  ;D 
biker bars?

Kola

Coconut

The movie theater sucks?
I grew up with that place having small, broken, slippery chairs. The recent (past 2 years) seat renovation made it great. :)  Poor me has nothing for comparison.

As far as strip bars, the zoning rules apparently say it has to be X distance from schools, playgrounds ,etc etc, and that it's not financially viable for any adult joints to open up because of the rules.

Puke

Kat Kanning

kola

Lloyd Danforth

Kat jumped right on that!  I wonder what her research was and when it took place.

Kat Kanning

Er....Keene's not very big.

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on May 02, 2008, 04:08 PM NHFT
Stadium seating has me spoiled.

Me 2. In L.A. and Atlanta, stadium seating has become the default.

Puke

I want a digital cinema too. I'm tired of scratches on the film.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Puke on May 02, 2008, 07:34 PM NHFT
I want a digital cinema too. I'm tired of scratches on the film.

You young whipper snappers and your new fangled ways...

Back in my day we were happy to have someone do shadow figures on the wall lighted by the kerosene lamp!  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

You got to have a Kerosene lamp?