• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I kinda like Keene!

Started by Mellamo, May 01, 2008, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Puke

FTL_Ian

Depends on how close you sit.   :P

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 02, 2008, 09:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Puke on May 02, 2008, 07:34 PM NHFT
I want a digital cinema too. I'm tired of scratches on the film.

Build your own.

Actually my friend and his dad built a theater in their attic about 4 years ago. Complete with a remote controlled screen, LCD projector, old theater seats, a couch, a massaging chair, and a refrigerator.

mackler

Quote from: Coconut on May 02, 2008, 03:52 PM NHFT
As far as strip bars, the zoning rules apparently say it has to be X distance from schools, playgrounds ,etc etc, and that it's not financially viable for any adult joints to open up because of the rules.

Activism opportunity!

mackler

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 02, 2008, 09:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Puke on May 02, 2008, 07:34 PM NHFT
I want a digital cinema too. I'm tired of scratches on the film.

Build your own.

My response exactly.  When I was living in New York City, there was a video store that started showing classic movies in their back room at night.  They picked really fantastic movies and drew enough of an audience to expand.  Soon they stopped using a VCR and started actually projecting films.  As the popularity increased they made enough money to install a bigger screen, real theater seating, and eventually they had a sweet little indie movie theater operation going.

Nowadays with blueray technology, doing something like this would be even more feasible.

Puke

If I had my own theater I'd ban kids and sell booze.
I'd also have a strict noise policy.
That's basically why theaters suck, too many assholes.

Russell Kanning

I like watching movies at home ... and we have a tiny screen.
If you love watching movies on the big screen with stadium seating, Keen is not a great choice.

Puke

I like my TV just fine.
I'm just fantasizing about cinemas.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Puke on May 03, 2008, 01:15 PM NHFT
If I had my own theater I'd ban kids and sell booze.

You mean like they have in Germany?

I first saw "Red Dawn" in a theater in Germany. They had a bar in the back, and the seats in front of you had a shelf where you could put your drinks. [and Red Dawn was so simple I didn't need sub-titles  ;D]

dalebert

Awe man. I'd love a good Cinema and Drafthouse. They have Chunky's in Nashua and I've enjoyed it both times I went there. First time was when I just drove by while exploring Nashua after Porcfest and it caught my attention. I wandered in and saw Shrek, still a new release for $7, and had a couple beers served to me while sitting in a comfy leather rocking chair.

FTL_Ian

Do they vend alcohol at the Colonial?

Mellamo

I ended up landing in Porc Central in Manchester like I originally planned. Maybe I'll move to Keene in the future, though!  :)

dalebert

Quote from: Shakezula on May 06, 2008, 08:24 AM NHFT
I ended up landing in Porc Central in Manchester like I originally planned. Maybe I'll move to Keene in the future, though!  :)

It's a good short-term plan.

David

Yeah, we have a shortage of porc houses in the area.   :-\  I landed at porc central first as well.  You're welcome to visit anytime.   ;D