• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Copwatch Invited for Ride-Along - Got Questions for a Keene Police Lt.?

Started by FTL_Ian, May 02, 2008, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Interesting development/opportunity:

KPD's Lt. Shane Maxfield has invited me on a ride-along.  I spoke with him today by phone and thanked him for the invitation.  I asked if I might forward the invite to Copwatch's Coconut and zaphar, and he said yes.

Maxfield works between 4:30p and 2:30a and can be reached to set up the ride-along at 357-9813 x 7083.

I asked if you could bring along a camera and ask questions, he said that would be fine.  It is his intention to engage in discourse.  He knows we are smart and will detect him "blowing smoke", so hopefully his answers will be straight.  He doesn't want to have you if you will be planning an ambush or will be hostile - you will be his guest after all.  I said I expected you would behave professionally, and that would not be an issue.  I suggested we may collect some questions in advance in order to assure his comfort.

Are either of you gents interested in this?  If so, perhaps forum participants can submit questions for Lt. Maxfield here on this thread.

kola

i think its  great gesture by the cops and a move in the right direction.

like i said, they need to do something to win over  the trust of the commoners.

awesome Ian!

now if you could get them to understand the constitution and stay loyal to their oath.
==============================
a couple questions:

ask them how they feel about the Browns case

ask them if there was a high order to go door to door and take all the peoples weapons would they follow through ( ie Katrina)

ask them how they feel about arresting people for small amounts of weed and if they understand how damaging this is to an individual and what a violation of personal rights it is.

kola

Kat Kanning

kola

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 02, 2008, 05:02 PM NHFT
He's one who's talked to Russell, Caleb and I quite a bit.

I peeked at his profile. He looks a bit chubby and has yellowish skin. I hope its not jaundice. eek

tactical callout? whats that? like mini swat stuff?

kola

kola

other questions"

why did you become a cop

were you ever arrested before being a cop ?  if so for what?

did you ever have a bad experience with a cop before you joined the force?

do you drink alcohol? if yes how much and how often

have you ever driven drunk?

have you ever smoked maryjane or done other drugs?

(maybe you should get him on a lie detector machine!) that would be cool.

what was your worst experience as a cop..and your best?

do you really like messing with your siren while going under bridges?

if hes white. would you marry a black women?

how do you feel about homosexuals?

err.thats it fer now
kola

AntonLee

a lie detector might be a difficult setup in a car.

I like the question you posted. . . what was your worst experience/best experience as a cop?

Beth221

Dude, you rock!!!  that fucking kicks ass!!  WOW!  I am not speechless often!  I cant believe you got invited on a ride along!  that means they are taking notice of the watchers!  ROCK ON   :icon_pirat:

My question is What made you decided to be a peace keeper?

Mike Barskey

How about "Are you amenable to starting a program where Copwatch participants regularly ride-along with cops, so that people in the community know immediately when cops do the wrong thing and, more importantly, so that so that cops are less likely to do the wrong thing and so that the community sees the cops are willing to work with them in order to provide a safer society?"

kola

Quote from: Mike in CA on May 02, 2008, 07:01 PM NHFT
How about "Are you amenable to starting a program where Copwatch participants regularly ride-along with cops, so that people in the community know immediately when cops do the wrong thing and, more importantly, so that so that cops are less likely to do the wrong thing and so that the community sees the cops are willing to work with them in order to provide a safer society?"

ahh,,this is golden.

they may say decline and say something abou "liability issues"
offer to sign a waiver excluding them of any fault.

great question Mikey

ReverendRyan

Puke

Very interesting. It's good to see that at least some cops here are still amiable folks.

Coconut

I'm honestly not really interested. I'm socially awkward enough as it is, and any conversation I have might just end up being a debate. I would feel "trapped" in conversation, being it unreasonable for me to ask to leave the situation in the middle of a ride-along. Perhaps someone can change my mind, but I don't feel like it would be a valuable or comfortable experience.

JJ

If no one was hurt and no property damaged, did a crime actually occur?

kola

Quote from: Coconut on May 02, 2008, 08:00 PM NHFT
I'm honestly not really interested. I'm socially awkward enough as it is, and any conversation I have might just end up being a debate. I would feel "trapped" in conversation, being it unreasonable for me to ask to leave the situation in the middle of a ride-along. Perhaps someone can change my mind, but I don't feel like it would be a valuable or comfortable experience.

I know how you feel Cocount. There are very intimidating even when they are saying nice things. Maybe its their aura or the vibes they send..or maybe its just my paranoia. lol. Its a creepy feeling. Maybe its the uniform or their little mustaches too. I will tell you this I can smell one a mile away (even when they are out of uniform).

But I am really uncomfortable around them, ya know? Almost every encounter I had with them (and I had more than a few) was always bad. I feel safer around wild bears. lol.

just think how a black person feels about them? or now a muslim.

I think some of them really think they are keeping us safe form robbers and crooks but that isn' reality. those cases are far and few and if more common folks learn to fire weapons safely and accurately there is little need for them. I just see them as traffic-ticket-givers and invaders of personal freedom.

They need to learn to respect our rights and then maybe we will respect them a bit more. Maybe you guys can make some peace with them (in Keene) and that would be a fine example for all the rest of the cop shops. Its a big mess right now and more and more people are getting fed up with their actions. Either they will change... or change will come to them. Either by job elimination(out of work) or rioting. The black and hispanic communities (everywhere) are really being pushed to the edge. Lets hope there can be a peaceful solution.

Do what you feel is best Coconut. Its your call and no one would think less of you if you decided not to go along.

Kola

Mike Barskey

Quote from: kola on May 02, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
great question Mikey
Thanks, Kola.

Quote from: jjschless on May 02, 2008, 08:31 PM NHFT
If no one was hurt and no property damaged, did a crime actually occur?
This is a great question. Although it may just open up a philosophical discussion, and you might not want to do that with a cop, especially in his territory.

Coconut, I understand how you feel. While a ride-along has the benefit of seeing the cop in action (although of course he'll be on his best behavior), it might be far more comfortable if both you and the cop were in neutral territory, like at a restaurant or walking around downtown or something. It would also be far easier to leave in the middle of the "interview" that way. Or maybe you can agree to a 1-hour max ride-along or something, so you could perhaps experience the cop in action but also have an out before it draws on too long or becomes too awkward. Possibly.