• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Copwatch Invited for Ride-Along - Got Questions for a Keene Police Lt.?

Started by FTL_Ian, May 02, 2008, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kola

split? huh?

your title says "got questions for a keene police Lt".

hmm  ::)

I am still waiting for those 2 guys to answer whether they are moral cops or ethical cops (in regards to MGMAN's post)

Kola

Shane Maxfield

Quote from: MGMAN on May 05, 2008, 01:19 AM NHFT

So I have a question for all you Cops that visit this forum.
Are you an ethical Cop or a Moral Cop?

I am both, given your broad definitions.  Everyone has ethics and morals (indeed, Dictionary.com has "ethic" and "moral" strewn about each others entries).  A persons ethics and morals come from within them, based mainly upon "nurture", to wit their upbringing and worldly experiences.  As such, despite basic similarities, our ethics and morals are different from person to person.

I, as a practice, don't go around comparing mine to everyone else's (hey, show me yours and I'll show you mine!).  However, my profession puts me in a fishbowl.  No one probably cares much when you run through a red light at 0300hrs in the morning, but if someone sees me do it in my cruiser all hell breaks loose.  I agree that you sure can find alot of examples and videos etc. of police abuse.  I'll also opine that per capita you'll find many more "non-police" beat the crap out of people than police do.  Neither case is OK, and within hopefully most agencies (I'd say almost certainly here in NH) we deal with that sort of misbehavior, which is how you get suspensions and firings.  A recent example is a cop from MA broke his wife's arm in a fight up here vacationing in NH.  He was convicted of a felony, isn't a cop any more and now resides in prison.  Which is the right place for him.

It's rare around here, but when I think one of my guys is about to head down the wrong road I grab him and pull him back.  Some places don't do that, and when they go nutso there should be, and usually are, consequences.  For every YouTube classic bad-cop video you see out there, there is probably litigation, internal discipline and occasionally criminal charges.  It's almost impossible to avoid in this day of instant communication and litigation.

Caleb

Sometimes, just sometimes, a couple of cops will get together and say, "Hey, there's a few completely unarmed people in that car there, let's shoot 50 rounds into it, whaddaya say?" Then they'll do that, and kill a guy on his wedding day, then they'll waive their jury trial and let a judge (nod, nod, wink, wink) decide whether they are guilty. Then when the judge scratches their back for them, to the utter astonishment of the community, they will arrest his fiance just for good measure, because she had the nerve to protest the atrocity.

kola

Quote from: Caleb on May 08, 2008, 08:45 PM NHFT
Sometimes, just sometimes, a couple of cops will get together and say, "Hey, there's a few completely unarmed people in that car there, let's shoot 50 rounds into it, whaddaya say?" Then they'll do that, and kill a guy on his wedding day, then they'll waive their jury trial and let a judge (nod, nod, wink, wink) decide whether they are guilty. Then when the judge scratches their back for them, to the utter astonishment of the community, they will arrest his fiance just for good measure, because she had the nerve to protest the atrocity.

Oh C'mon Caleb, that was just one bad apple. I can asure you that would never happen in my precinct! We're different. Now get in my car and let's take a ride..and be..err..buddies. I will show you how honest we are. And then maybe you will stop saying nasty things about me and my boys?

Lt. Kola

David

Quote from: Luke S on May 08, 2008, 11:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on May 02, 2008, 04:43 PM NHFT
ask them if there was a high order to go door to door and take all the peoples weapons would they follow through ( ie Katrina)

What do you mean "ie Katrina"? Let me guess, hurricane Katrina was used as an excuse for the gummint to go door to door and take all the guns from everybody in New Orleans. Well hmph. If they ever tried to do that to me, they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.
They were more than prepared to do that in N Orleans.   >:(  They fit the definition of jack booted thugs. 

TackleTheWorld

I went on a Ride-Along tonight with Lt. Maxfield.

He's open with his personal opinions and experiences. He says police are necessary, but would like to see less laws and smaller mafia.  Yet likes drivers licenses, "There are people who are a danger to others and shouldn't drive".  He said, "sometime you have to open up a jar of reasonable and spread it on everything". Said he used to be more arrogant and bullying but that behavior made situations worse.  He wishes he wouldn't have to be everybody's nanny , that neighbors would just ask the guy with the loud stereo to turn it down, that brothers wouldn't call the cops on their brother.   He would love to turn down responding to complaints where there was no victim, but he can't.  The KPD is very sensitive to complaints against officers, most cases of disciplining officers were because of public relations. 

Got a few scenes for B-rolls: jail cell, police cars, the dispatch center. You tube video coming soon.

Nothing too exciting happened on the streets, we did investigate an eyeglass snatching called in on the 911 line.  Former boyfriend & girlfriend were arguing, one grabbed the other's glasses, the other followed suit, the Lt. returned the eyeglasses to the young man with some advice - get a new girlfriend.

Tom Sawyer

Pat K

Did ya feel different with no stainless steel jewelry on ?  ;D

FTL_Ian

KBCraig

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on May 10, 2008, 10:52 PM NHFT

How's it feel to be in the front seat for a change?  ;D

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Pat K on May 11, 2008, 12:50 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on May 11, 2008, 09:51 AM NHFT

Yeah, it's weird.  He still looked at me kind of askance and said he was "nervous as hell".
But they unlocked the door when I asked to go.  Whew.

highline

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on May 11, 2008, 12:30 PM NHFT

Quote from: KBCraig on May 11, 2008, 09:51 AM NHFT

Yeah, it's weird.  He still looked at me kind of askance and said he was "nervous as hell".
But they unlocked the door when I asked to go.  Whew.

I hate to sound like a broken record - but I think all of you should take the Lieutenant up on his offer.   :glasses7:

kola

QuoteI hate to sound like a broken record - but I think all of you should take the Lieutenant up on his offer.

send a paddy wagon!!

Kola

Puke

Good to hear it went well.
Better to make friends than enemies.

Coconut

She takes it off on her own anyway  8)