• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Copwatch Invited for Ride-Along - Got Questions for a Keene Police Lt.?

Started by FTL_Ian, May 02, 2008, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Shane Maxfield on May 03, 2008, 11:41 PM NHFT
None of the questions so far request supersecret, proprietary info, so I'm going to be candid (otherwise I'd just ignore the question).

Some of my colleagues think I'm nuts.  Here goes.
It is interesting that you are posting on this forum, since guys can lob improvised explosive debates at you from say .... teepees in the Rocky Mountains. :) You should get a real variety of questions and reactions.

The use of the word "proprietary" is interesting in reference to the Keene Police Department, since many people would think that they collectively "own" the institution and that you all work for them.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Shane Maxfield on May 14, 2008, 02:41 AM NHFT
In retrospect, I ran my gums far more than she did.  If Lauren rides with me again, which she is welcome to, perhaps she could bend my ear as I did hers.
You found one of the only quiet members of this forum. Any of the rest of us would probably talk your ear off. She is our friendly ninja freedom fighting friend. :)

J’raxis 270145

kola

teepees in the rockies???

..and now with solar power!

I am more worried about those guys in earthhomes in NH.
Thats the true underground.

i am still above ground.

Kola

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 15, 2008, 05:11 PM NHFT
You found one of the only quiet members of this forum. Any of the rest of us would probably talk your ear off. She is our friendly ninja freedom fighting friend. :)

It's true. Lauren is much more of a doer than a talker. She tends to be quiet and use her words efficiently.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on May 16, 2008, 07:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 15, 2008, 05:11 PM NHFT

It's true. Lauren is much more of a doer than a talker. She tends to be quiet and use her words efficiently.

She's the kind you really gotta keep your eye on or before you know it she'll be walking up stairs, sitting on a porch, or you might even find her standing in an IRS office  :o

Kat Kanning

kola

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 30, 2008, 06:40 AM NHFT
I guess being offered a ride shut down the copwatch.

Yup.
I called this out from the get-go.
a goon-plan by design.

the most vicious gooncops are the ones who want to be your "friend"

trust me on this.

Kola

kola

Quote from: kola on May 08, 2008, 10:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on May 08, 2008, 08:45 PM NHFT
Sometimes, just sometimes, a couple of cops will get together and say, "Hey, there's a few completely unarmed people in that car there, let's shoot 50 rounds into it, whaddaya say?" Then they'll do that, and kill a guy on his wedding day, then they'll waive their jury trial and let a judge (nod, nod, wink, wink) decide whether they are guilty. Then when the judge scratches their back for them, to the utter astonishment of the community, they will arrest his fiance just for good measure, because she had the nerve to protest the atrocity.

kolas May 8th post

Oh C'mon Caleb, that was just one bad apple. I can asure you that would never happen in my precinct! We're different. Now get in my car and let's take a ride..and be..err..buddies. I will show you how honest we are. And then maybe you will stop saying nasty things about me and my boys?

Lt. Kola

kola

and heres where Kat smelled a rat way back!

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 03, 2008, 05:51 AM NHFT
Build rapport...make him feel like he's not a bad guy?  Whatever the hell for?  We don't need anything from them.  They need something from us.  That's why they're smoozing the copwatch guys.

FTL_Ian

Last I heard, zaphar is working on getting a APCO-25 scanner, so we can listen to them.

There's nothing to watch but angry drunks on Friday nights in Keene.

The two instances of watching brought us 2 hours on the radio and apparently the Sentinel is running a story on it.  Both Lauren and Sam have and will be riding along with video cameras.  Dialog has opened.  Seems like a success to me.

Copwatch's visible component is on the low side, but it's not shut down.

highline

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 30, 2008, 10:30 AM NHFT

Last I heard, zaphar is working on getting a APCO-25 scanner, so we can listen to them.

There's nothing to watch but angry drunks on Friday nights in Keene.

The two instances of watching brought us 2 hours on the radio and apparently the Sentinel is running a story on it.  Both Lauren and Sam have and will be riding along with video cameras.  Dialog has opened.  Seems like a success to me.

Copwatch's visible component is on the low side, but it's not shut down.

On the contrary, I had a long talk to Lt. Maxfield about a week or two ago when I was at work.  He made it very clear to me that he was expecting the cop-watching to continue and that he had gone out of his way to educate officers under his command about the activism CW'ers were engaged in.  I genuinely believe that he never planned on things tapering off.

Although most of you may think I am just "towing the line" because I too work in law enforcement - I will tell you that after a long talk with the LT I personally think he is a stand-up guy and genuinely wants to help many in the liberty community be informed and have a voice inside the police department.  In fact, the LT at the agency for which I work (a man I greatly respect and trust) told me he served in the Marines with Lt. Maxfield many years ago and that he remembered him to be a great guy.  It is true that I would not be here posting negative things about him if I had heard negative things - but you can rest assured that I would not waste my time saying anything positive.

What better way to cause change for the better than to have a powerful ally such as he on the inside of the PD?

Pat McCotter

Then why did he ask Russell for his papers when he was doing nothing wrong?

kola

Well Brad, Lt Shame SURELY isn't showing it by arresting Russell.

Can't you see this?

Words do not make the man. His actions do.

The same goes for you as well. Would you go on Ians radio show and talk of your displeasures with the tyrannical system of government that you work for?

Kola

edit..it looks like me and Pat had the same thought at the same time.  ;)

Pat McCotter