• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Copwatch Invited for Ride-Along - Got Questions for a Keene Police Lt.?

Started by FTL_Ian, May 02, 2008, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

That is all good and well, but he seems bent on arresting our friend without even the slightest pretext of safety.  a drivers license does not, contrary to popular myth, majically make one a safe driver.  

The police need to get in a habit of choosing weather to cause conflict, or learn to live and let live.  That is the moral imperitive as an individual.  all else is secondary, that includes your laws and orders.  The only time increasing the level of conflict is ever acceptable is when it is to stop greater conflict.  

highline

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 30, 2008, 01:49 PM NHFT
Then why did he ask Russell for his papers when he was doing nothing wrong?

There are numerous occasions where I interact with people where I ask them if I could see their ID.  This is because we are mandated to log information whenever we answer a complaint or initiate an investigation.  People have every right to refuse - unless we are investigating an offense or they are driving/in charge of a motor vehicle.

This was probably true of the situation Russell was in...............  And I know Russell is well aware that he can refuse to produce said ID...  I would imagine he did.

highline

Quote from: kola on May 30, 2008, 01:49 PM NHFT
The same goes for you as well. Would you go on Ians radio show and talk of your displeasures with the tyrannical system of government that you work for?

Kola,

Although I have asked of myself to not interact with you due to your unnecessarily hostile responses...  I think Ian himself can answer that question (if he would be so kind).

Brad

kola

Whats the law in NH?
Can you pull a driver over without reasonable cause?

Kola

highline

Quote from: kola on May 30, 2008, 01:56 PM NHFT
Whats the law in NH?

Kola

Nowhere in the United States is this allowed.  Of course - it does happen.

kola

What happened then between Lt and Russell? I do not know all the facts.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 29, 2008, 09:38 PM NHFT
I was driving by the country club in Keene, when I came upon about 4 cop cars. They had chased some guy on a motorcycle.
Shane Maxfield (I think that is right) was directing traffic and came up to my window to say hi. He asked me to pull off to the side. After a while the told me they had to arrest me for not having a government license. I told them they could just let me keep doing my work, but they thought it was very important.
They took me to the taj mahal and after a while let me go. They said that my other NH convictions were somehow not that bad, so I am not building to a 1 year stay in jail. I was thinking that was my future. So I told them I would show up for court on 7/7/08. I asked for a court date 7 years from now. That didn't happen.
Maybe they will convict me on the same thing as last time .... ask for some money .... and I can stay in the jail for a while to pay off the mafia.

I guess it wasn't too bad. Kat rode her bike over and picked up the car and finished my work for the day, then picked me up.

Hopefully I will remain free most of the time, so I can hang out with Kat and get some stuph done.

Maybe I will have to ride my bike everywhere and/or get a scooter ... and have others drive when I need to pick up supplies. I have only driven on 2 different days since I got out of jail in April.

kola

Quote from: highline on May 30, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
Whats the law in NH?

Kola

so all sobriety checks, seatbelts checks and other "checkpoints" away from borders are illegal and/or strongly interfere with a persons right to travel?

Kola

kola

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 30, 2008, 02:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 29, 2008, 09:38 PM NHFT
I was driving by the country club in Keene, when I came upon about 4 cop cars. They had chased some guy on a motorcycle.
Shane Maxfield (I think that is right) was directing traffic and came up to my window to say hi. He asked me to pull off to the side. After a while the told me they had to arrest me for not having a government license. I told them they could just let me keep doing my work, but they thought it was very important.
They took me to the taj mahal and after a while let me go. They said that my other NH convictions were somehow not that bad, so I am not building to a 1 year stay in jail. I was thinking that was my future. So I told them I would show up for court on 7/7/08. I asked for a court date 7 years from now. That didn't happen.
Maybe they will convict me on the same thing as last time .... ask for some money .... and I can stay in the jail for a while to pay off the mafia.

I guess it wasn't too bad. Kat rode her bike over and picked up the car and finished my work for the day, then picked me up.

Hopefully I will remain free most of the time, so I can hang out with Kat and get some stuph done.

Maybe I will have to ride my bike everywhere and/or get a scooter ... and have others drive when I need to pick up supplies. I have only driven on 2 different days since I got out of jail in April.

I did see that Pat. I wanted to see what facts Brad had...because yes it appears Shame had no right and or probable cause to make Russell pull over. Russel was later detained and arrested without cause.

The case should be thrown out.

Kola

kola

what is the country coming to where cops can randomly point out innocent people and do harm to them?

...and people ask why I call it Naziville, USSA.

Kola

highline

Quote from: kola on May 30, 2008, 02:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: highline on May 30, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
Whats the law in NH?

Kola

so all sobriety checks, seatbelts checks and other "checkpoints" away from borders are illegal and/or strongly interfere with a persons right to travel?

Kola

Personally I completely agree with you that sobriety checks and the border checkpoints are unconstitutional, yet our courts allow them.

The seatbelt ones are different because the police do not detain people unless they spot a violation.  Personally I think that having officers standing on the road flagging vehicles over for noticeable violations (inspection stickers, seat belts, registration) is heavy handed and a poor use of police resources.

FTL_Ian

The same goes for you as well. Would you go on Ians radio show and talk of your displeasures with the tyrannical system of government that you work for?

He has.

Kat Kanning

kola

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 30, 2008, 04:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 30, 2008, 01:49 PM NHFT
Then why did he ask Russell for his papers when he was doing nothing wrong?

:clap:

I patiently await "Shame on Maxfields" reply.

holding breath,
Kola

kola

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 30, 2008, 03:52 PM NHFT

He has.

has he spoken about leaving his LEO position?