• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How'd you pick your avatar?

Started by dalebert, May 05, 2008, 08:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Eli

Mine is me and Daughter Molly.  I really need an update with my son Micah as well.  By the way, the family and I will be visiting NH in June arriving to the Manch airport late the 5th (thursday before Porcfest).  We'll probably spend the day in Manch and then head up to stay with friends in Gilmanton IW for chunks of the weekend.

I'd really love to meet folks in the flesh and am willing to drive to many parts.  We're planning to spend some time at porcfest and some more time visiting my old college roommate in Conway area. But we're pretty flexible on schedule, and not committed to anything at Porcfest.  I looked at the calender and didn't see any events outside of Porcfest.  Anything going on?  Get togethers at Vendetta's? Per porcfest shindigs?  What's the haps?

Russell Kanning

Some of us will be hanging out in Grafton during porcfest for visitors.

David

Quote from: KBCraig on May 06, 2008, 10:39 AM NHFT
Current: hey, it's baseball season!

Previous: I thought Spaz the Porcupine (from the FSP bumper stickers) needed some animation, so I livened him up.

I really liked your Spazzing Porc.  I like the motto Live free or Spaz.  Sums up my approach nicely.  I am not, contrary to the state motto, all that interested in dying.  I have a legacy of making the world a better place than when I came into it first, then I can die.  I'm behind schedule, my childhood transgressions have up me back a bit. 

My avatar came from an image I found from a google image search.  I am convinced the warmongers will commit another war crime against Iran, so it is fitting I oppose both the current war crime, and the next war crime.   :'( >:( :'(

Friday

<-- cover of the paperback version of the novel from whence cometh my handle

original artwork by Michael Whelan
http://michaelwhelan.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=5780616c4187330e0a6e45d837ddb439

Vitruvian

Mine is a picture, with colors inverted, of the fossilized shell of a chambered nautilus.

sandm000

<- It's me in a copper chainmail coif. It's almost a Faraday Cage. It sure beats all the Tinfoil hats I've been wearing.

dalebert

Quote from: sandm000 on May 15, 2008, 10:20 AM NHFT
<- It's me in a copper chainmail coif. It's almost a Faraday Cage. It sure beats all the Tinfoil hats I've been wearing.

That's for sure. Turns out the tinfoil hats function as a sort of antenna, which means they simplify the governments job of reading and controlling your thoughts with their machines!  :o ;D

sandm000

Mafia beams?  Surely you jest.  I'm worried that transdimensional super-beings are trying to control my thoughts, and thus must I shut my thought box up so. A regular neuronal Rapunzel, my brain has become.

Kat Kanning

Wouldn't your chain mail hat protect you from mind control?

sandm000

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 17, 2008, 08:31 PM NHFT
Wouldn't your chain mail hat protect you from mind control?
No, In order for a faraday cage to work it must completely surround the object in question.

Puke

So Magneto's helmet is bullshit!

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Friday on May 14, 2008, 08:27 PM NHFT
<-- cover of the paperback version of the novel from whence cometh my handle

original artwork by Michael Whelan
http://michaelwhelan.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=5780616c4187330e0a6e45d837ddb439

OK, friday, now what do you have as an avatar?!

Friday

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 22, 2008, 10:45 AM NHFT
OK, friday, now what do you have as an avatar?!

Why, it's Dagny Taggart, of course!!

I saw this drawing in a YouTube video and it haunted me until I tracked it down.  I think it captures her almost perfectly (although her legs seem a bit chunky considering she's supposed to have great legs).

Edit: someone told me who the artist is and asked that I give credit where credit is due.  His name is Bryan Larsen, and the name of this painting is "Motive Force":
http://www.bryanlarsenfineart.com/oils/index.html

Pat K

Looks like a real pale woman playing chicken with a train to me.