• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How'd you pick your avatar?

Started by dalebert, May 05, 2008, 08:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Friday on May 22, 2008, 10:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 22, 2008, 10:45 AM NHFT
OK, friday, now what do you have as an avatar?!

Why, it's Dagny Taggart, of course!!

I saw this drawing in a YouTube video and it haunted me until I tracked it down.  I think it captures her almost perfectly (although her legs seem a bit chunky considering she's supposed to have great legs).

8)

JJ

My avatar is the cropped head of a Phoenix drawing.  I chose it for the symbology of trial and tribulation leading to change and a new start.  Basically my move to NH and new life.

Full pic below:

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Pat K on May 22, 2008, 02:48 PM NHFT
Looks like a real pale woman playing chicken with a train to me.

I thought it was  'Mona Lisa', leisurely, committing  suicide.  Dagny would be too smart to play on the tracks.

Friday

Quote from: Pat K on May 22, 2008, 02:48 PM NHFT
Looks like a real pale woman playing chicken with a train to me.
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 23, 2008, 06:40 AM NHFT

I thought it was  'Mona Lisa', leisurely, committing  suicide.  Dagny would be too smart to play on the tracks.
::)   ::)

Dagny has no tan; she's a workaholic.  She's obviously not playing chicken with the train, because she has her back to it.  Perhaps it's the John Galt Line on the day of its first run; she did walk the tracks that day.  Dagny does not "play" on the tracks; she analyzes them with her keen analytical mind, performing instantaneous cost-benefit analyses, labor distribution and project planning. 

I'll bet you guys are real grateful having me around to provide Cliff Notes and art interpretation.  :blah_by_sarrlas_emotes:

Lloyd Danforth

Well.................er...............lets just say it's nice to have you around

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on May 23, 2008, 07:54 AM NHFT
Dagny has no tan; she's a workaholic.
That is how I picture her too .... she spends way too much time in an office in NYC

Lloyd Danforth

I was thinking about the tan thing.  For the most part, the story has a 'black and white' feel to it. One doesn't sense any 'color' until we are in Galt's Gulch.  If they ever make the Damn film ( we will be disappointed with it), they should make it in B&W and go to color in the Gulch, ala The Wizard Of Oz.

Russell Kanning

the film could be ok
I have liked some books made films lately.

good idea about the color

Pat K

"I'll bet you guys are real grateful having me around to provide Cliff Notes and art interpretation.  blah_by_sarrlas_emotes"

Nathan.Halcyon

QuoteHow'd you pick your avatar?
A bargin bin web cam, four years ago. ;D

It broke three years, eight months, and uhh, some number of days ago. I need another one, with piercings in place, a good shot of the ama-gi tat on my neck, and my sweet "skunkhawk." A skunkhawk being your average mohawk, but with the top bleached and toner-dyed virgin snow, with the sides done in black #10.

Pat McCotter

Does your mother know you do your hair like that?!?! :o ;D

hwrnhetcxyc

I found a photo with an Independence Day theme

Russell Kanning

Raineyrocks

I pick mine by going einie meenie minie moe, or out goes y o u!