• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How'd you pick your avatar?

Started by dalebert, May 05, 2008, 08:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I just noticed that my profile is all crazy with the CC stuph

Friday

Quote from: Friday on May 14, 2008, 08:27 PM NHFT
<-- cover of the paperback version of the novel from whence cometh my handle

original artwork by Michael Whelan
http://michaelwhelan.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=5780616c4187330e0a6e45d837ddb439

Whelan's having a showing in Connecticut right now, although it looks like "Friday" won't be in the collection.  Also looks like I'd have to win the lottery to afford any of his paintings.   :o

Pat K

Quote from: Friday on September 15, 2008, 08:47 PM NHFT

http://michaelwhelan.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=5780616c4187330e0a6e45d837ddb439

Whelan's having a showing in Connecticut right now, although it looks like "Friday" won't be in the collection.  Also looks like I'd have to win the lottery to afford any of his paintings.   :o

I like this one,http://michaelwhelan.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_36&products_id=101&osCsid=88a9004884ab0a3764fd400a72ae3be7 ( I know to cute, but I like it anyway) Some of his use of color
and lighting reminds me of Maxfield Parrishhttp://www.artpassions.net/cgi-bin/parrish.pl?../galleries/parrish/enchanted_prince.jpg

Friday

I was just watching "Pitch Black", and dang if Radha Mitchell isn't a dead ringer for my avatar.  It's uncanny!  Check it out:
http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/radha_mitchell_pitch_black_001.html

Kat Kanning

Maybe the artist used her for a model.

Friday

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 26, 2009, 01:19 PM NHFT
Maybe the artist used her for a model.
Nope, the book with that cover came out in the mid-80's, and the movie came out in 1999/2000.

Pat McCotter

OK, rainey. I see the chickens in front of an oven or microwave but I can't read the small print.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 02, 2009, 05:14 AM NHFT
OK, rainey. I see the chickens in front of an oven or microwave but I can't read the small print.

I'll let you know what it says.   I thought about that after looking at it and I figured no one would care, thanks Pat!  ;D 

It says "Horror Movie".   :o

Knowing me, I'll probably be changing my avatar today anyway.  :)

Lloyd Danforth

I made a pretty good copy of Pat's avatar once using a sheet and an old oil lamp.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 04, 2009, 06:56 AM NHFT
I made a pretty good copy of Pat's avatar once using a sheet and an old oil lamp.

I'm really sorry and I know your going to get upset but I don't understand this either, Lloyd.  :Bolt:

Friday

Hey Russell...Like my new avatar?  You gave me the inspiration at the Apple Festival (and may I say, I didn't realize you knew me that well!).   :D

Alice is a hard-working engineer from the Dilbert comic strip. She is one of Dilbert's co-workers in the department. She has long curly hair...

Alice is rarely rewarded for her hard work, although she was for a time the highest paid engineer in the company. At another time she was feted for receiving her seventeenth patent. She stands in contrast with Wally, who does no work and is rewarded nearly the same....

She was almost into a committed relationship with an emotionally supportive man but turned him down at the last minute, as she decided it would be more cost-effective to train monkeys to do the same work....

Alice has a short temper. Her anger is frequently expressed in physical violence, most often manifested in the form of her "Fist of Death"....

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on October 07, 2009, 08:25 PM NHFT
Hey Russell...Like my new avatar?  You gave me the inspiration at the Apple Festival (and may I say, I didn't realize you knew me that well!).   :D

Alice is a hard-working engineer from the Dilbert comic strip. She is one of Dilbert's co-workers in the department. She has long curly hair...

Alice is rarely rewarded for her hard work, although she was for a time the highest paid engineer in the company. At another time she was feted for receiving her seventeenth patent. She stands in contrast with Wally, who does no work and is rewarded nearly the same....

She was almost into a committed relationship with an emotionally supportive man but turned him down at the last minute, as she decided it would be more cost-effective to train monkeys to do the same work....

Alice has a short temper. Her anger is frequently expressed in physical violence, most often manifested in the form of her "Fist of Death"....
i love it
actually you angry engineer chicks are easy to understand :Bolt:
i had an old boss tell me i was like wally, but of coarse I am like many people and feel connected to dilbert
I  aspire to be the janitor guy someday :) ... that and a character in dalebert's comics

I like your cat avatar raineyrocks

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 08, 2009, 06:51 PM NHFT
I  aspire to be the janitor guy someday :) ... that and a character in dalebert's comics

If it makes you feel any better, Russell, you were a tremendous portion of the inspiration for the booger hut guy.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on October 08, 2009, 07:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 08, 2009, 06:51 PM NHFT

If it makes you feel any better, Russell, you were a tremendous portion of the inspiration for the booger hut guy.
i will now borrow friday's fist of death >:D

Sam A. Robrin