• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"A Candid World" trailer debuts!

Started by Candid Marc, May 10, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Candid Marc

At long last, we have completed our first trailer for "A Candid World!"

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zzjubBNZf8

A higher quality version is also available on our Web site (http://www.candid-world.com) in the Multimedia section.

The primary purpose of this video is to help raise funds for the film, which we will need to continue production. Besides monetarily, you can support this project by contributing footage and continuing to video document as much as possible!

Thanks to all participants/supports for your patience thus far. We hope to be back in NH shooting again soon!

We'd like to thank Roger Grant, Jim Johnson, Denis & Irena Goddard, Dave Ridley, and Toby Iselin & Nick Michelewicz for generously providing footage for this trailer.

-marc

---
Marc Femenella
Co-producer/director, "A Candid World"
marc@candid-world.com

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

Coconut

Well put together from a variety of sources.  This trailer could stand alone as a freedom advertisement. I like how you got my friend Lee Perkins in there, even though he's not part of the free staters.

Edit: I just watched again, and I'm not sure I like the message that comes across when Russell says "We need bigger ammo" and we cut to a rifle. Someone not familiar with the movement may think it's about getting weapons and violently overthrowing the government. Anyone watching the rest of the trailer will probably figure out that's not the case, but first impressions...

Pat K

Russell Kanning

pretty cool

so how will the eventual movie end? Is it to feature free staters or just be a general "time for revolution" message?

The trailer led me to think these free staters might or might not be working within the system ... and if not ... they will use guns to live free. Crazy free staters

Candid Marc

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 11, 2008, 07:00 AM NHFT
so how will the eventual movie end?

You will be surrounded by an orb of light and instantly evolve into the Star Child, watching the troubled Earth from your space womb.

No, wait, that's "2001: A Space Odyssey."

The trailer led me to think these free staters might or might not be working within the system ... and if not ... they will use guns to live free. Crazy free staters

Peaceful disobedience, guns, politics, the media. They all have a place in this movement. Of course not everyone agrees on the best tactic. That presents some conflicts that us filmmakers (and potential financial backers) tend to thrive on!  ;)

Thanks for all the critiques thus far! Please keep them coming -- you're our first test audience, and it's extremely valuable.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Candid Marc on May 11, 2008, 02:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 11, 2008, 07:00 AM NHFT
so how will the eventual movie end?

You will be surrounded by an orb of light and instantly evolve into the Star Child

Peaceful disobedience, guns, politics, the media. They all have a place in this movement.
I think I met star child once.
I think there are some peaceful obedience movies in production.
Are you focusing on the Free State Project and what the participants are doing?

Candid Marc

I'd say at this point we're focusing on the broader "freedom movement" (please excuse the term) in NH. The FSP was the catalyst, but we're interested in why some have chosen anarchical action (or inaction) over "obedient" political action. Some do a little bit of both, it seems. Civil disobedience, politics, the media -- which is best to achieve maximum freedom? This is the primal question we pose.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Candid Marc on May 11, 2008, 03:49 PM NHFTCivil disobedience, politics, the media -- which is best to achieve maximum freedom? This is the primal question we pose.
interesting ... we will see how it turns out :)

TackleTheWorld

Wow, Nice trailer.  I'm surprised we have enough exciting scenes to fill 3 minutes.  That's twice as long as hollywood movies. 

slim

I thought the trailer was very well done. It seemed to have a hook that definitely made me want to see more.

P.S. I do have some video footage of the "Ron Paul speech at the 2008 Liberty Forum. It is not very good because I had to hand hold the camera from the middle of the crowd. It is about 3 Gig in size so if you want it I would have to mail you a DVD.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Candid Marc on May 11, 2008, 03:49 PM NHFT
Civil disobedience, politics, the media -- which is best to achieve maximum freedom? This is the primal question we pose.

In most contexts, I believe they complement each other. An attempt to repeal or reform a law might fail, so you follow it up with civil disobedience to let them know you're serious. (This is sort of how Dave Ridley's illegal puppet shows came about: The General Court had a bill up this year to create a committee to comb the RSAs for outdated laws, and they killed it. So now we're showing them all the stupid laws they're supposed to enforce, but aren't.) This also works in the other direction, too: Civil disobedience against existing stupid laws (e.g., the illegal manicurist) has inspired reform/repeal bills.

It also makes it harder for the State to figure out ways to neutralize your opposition if you're taking a multifaceted approach. Diversity means resiliency; the opposite—a monoculture—is otherwise known as a "single point of failure."