• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'll be on "Talkback" 5/24 9-11a on 1290 & 104.1 WKBK

Started by FTL_Ian, May 12, 2008, 01:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Fred Parsells has invited me to co-host "Talkback" on Saturday May 24th from 9a-11a on 1290 & 104.1 WKBK.  I will stream the show at http://listen.freetalklive.com for those not in the area.

603-357-1290 is the call-in number.

UPDATE:  KPD's Lt. Shane Maxfield will be joining us in-studio in the 10am hour of the show.

slim

That is great that local media is asking "Free staters" to come on as guests. This could also help FTL get more listeners in the Keene area to tune in on Saturday night. Got to love synergy. 

Coconut

Sort of off topic, but about local radio: Ian, have you proposed to anyone about getting on WZBK, the lower powered AM station? Especially on Saturdays that they have baseball on instead of FTL.

David

Quote from: slim on May 12, 2008, 02:14 PM NHFT
That is great that local media is asking "Free staters" to come on as guests. This could also help FTL get more listeners in the Keene area to tune in on Saturday night. Got to love synergy. 
Ian is a radio animal.  (thats a good thing)   :D
Ian has been on Talkback once before as a guest host, so they know he is a free stater.  But most of us do not advirtise it.  I am just some guy who used to live in ohio, who met some people up on a camping trip in Lancaster NH, and they 'talked' me into moving to keene.  This is my home now.  That is what I tell people. 
Btw, good luck Ian.

Puke

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Coconut on May 12, 2008, 03:35 PM NHFT
Sort of off topic, but about local radio: Ian, have you proposed to anyone about getting on WZBK, the lower powered AM station? Especially on Saturdays that they have baseball on instead of FTL.

Are you sure?  Baseball should be on WKBK, not WZBK.  ZBK is "Music of your life".

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 13, 2008, 11:06 AM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on May 12, 2008, 03:35 PM NHFT

Are you sure?  Baseball should be on WKBK, not WZBK.  ZBK is "Music of your life".

Right. I meant it would be considerate of them to switch you over to ZBK on nights that baseball takes over KBK. Maybe it isn't as easy as I imagine.

FTL_Ian

Yeah, and it would break their music format.

They'd be smarter to move WKBK to FM and flip the AM to sports talk.

FTL_Ian

Puke

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 17, 2008, 09:25 AM NHFT
They've put WKBK on FM!  104.1   8)

I just heard that this morning as well. I thought maybe she just meant "Talk Back".
Neat.

FTL_Ian

On Talkback this morning I was called a "lawless miscreant" by some grumpy fucker.  He says he's boycotting their show next week because they're giving attention to us.  This old bastard was very upset at the waves our activists are making.  (He specifically mentioned the gambling event.)  He also accused the NH Free Press of distributing to locations like the grocery store without permission, which I believe is not true.

Anyway, should be lots of fireworks next week!

Puke

Nice. Old people suck.
I hope I die before I turn into a grumpy retarded sack of crap just waiting for death.

Atlas

Quote from: Puke on May 17, 2008, 01:23 PM NHFT
Nice. Old people suck.
I hope I die before I turn into a grumpy retarded sack of crap just waiting for death.
I just had an activism idea: buy one-way tickets for all the old fart party-poopers to Fort Myers, Fl and help them pack their shit... I'll be the 1st one to help once I move early next year.

FTL_Ian

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 17, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT
This old bastard was very upset at the waves our activists are making.  (He specifically mentioned the gambling event.) 

Did he say anything interesting? I was happy to be out gambling, but I didn't know it made many waves.