• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Why do y'all build each others' houses?

Started by Friday, May 12, 2008, 08:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

I really really like to build things.  Creating something that didn't exist yesterday is a kick. 
Hangiing out with your friends all day is fun.  Figuring out how to get around a problem is enjoyable when you have friends to help.
I also like playing with the pretty copper strands that make sparks.  :Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg

Pat McCotter

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on May 13, 2008, 11:05 AM NHFT

I also like playing with the pretty copper strands that make sparks.  :Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg

:o :o :o
Hopefully nobody got hurt???!!!!

Tom Sawyer

See that's what I'm talkin' about... when I don't work hard enough Jim has Lauren use the sparkin' wires on me... :o

He says she can take care of his light work.  :'(

Friday

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 12, 2008, 11:44 PM NHFT
It's called community (no, not commune or communism.) I haven't helped with the builds, yet, but I have experienced community - when I was in the hospital and many people jumped in to help Gloria.
Yep; I was one of them.  :)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Friday on May 13, 2008, 02:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 12, 2008, 11:44 PM NHFT
It's called community (no, not commune or communism.) I haven't helped with the builds, yet, but I have experienced community - when I was in the hospital and many people jumped in to help Gloria.
Yep; I was one of them.  :)

Thank you so very much! It was greatly appreciated!

Russell Kanning

It is fun for me to build houses and such .... it is more rewarding than keeping the books for a company ... new stuff gets erected, walls get painted, roofs get put up to protect from the rain .... stuph happens ... it moves us forward.

For me also ... how do you get a contractor to build a hobbit hole? it ain't gunna happen  .... you need stooges and shire folk ... only people who have second breakfast and drink after a day of work would build houses sheltered by the earth. :)

Puke

For me it's something different to do that also helps out friends.
I don't know much of anything that I'm doing, but I can learn.

Tom Sawyer

Sir Puke is a doer...

When he wants to build his house I'll help him.  8)

Kat Kanning

Tom couldn't stay away even on his day off  ;D

Tom Sawyer

David

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 13, 2008, 05:28 PM NHFT
Tom couldn't stay away even on his day off  ;D
You mean it wasn't that evil,  ;)  liberarian taskmaster Mark that forced him away from family to work on his day off?  Hmm, I may have to rethink the dynamics of human relations.   ;D
Russell said gentlemens agreement.  While the clearer an agreement is, typically the less confusion and less conflict occurs.  If the agreement is that you work, you get paid, or get beer, than that is pretty simple, and I figure not a lot of conflict as a result. 

My asthma interferes with a lot of physical work, and in the past (and present) it has created a lifelong disliking for any physical labor, it has also resulted in my being a bit heavy.  Though in less physical work that I do in the restaurants, I enjoy the work, and the interaction with others.  So I assume that the home builders feel the same way.   :)

Pat K

AS a minor participant in these endeavors,
I like when things are bigger or better when were
done for the day. I almost always learn something.
Being around good folk is heartening.

We drink beer. ;D

Puke

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 13, 2008, 05:27 PM NHFT

That might be a hell of a long time away.  :P

Pat K

Quote from: Puke on May 13, 2008, 06:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 13, 2008, 05:27 PM NHFT

That might be a hell of a long time away.  :P

We can do the low work from our wheel chairs.

dalebert

Quote from: David on May 13, 2008, 06:25 PM NHFT
My asthma interferes with a lot of physical work,

Have you tried red clover tea? Works wonders for me. I hear it grows wild all over out here. Just pick some and dry it.

I hammered one nail in Mark's house and did that wrong. I keep saying I'm going to go back and redeem myself.