• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Why do y'all build each others' houses?

Started by Friday, May 12, 2008, 08:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 13, 2008, 05:27 PM NHFT
Sir Puke is a doer...
He is already "Sir" .... man things happen quickly in The Shire sometimes

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on May 13, 2008, 08:14 PM NHFT
I hammered one nail in Mark's house and did that wrong. I keep saying I'm going to go back and redeem myself.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 13, 2008, 08:37 PM NHFT
Hey, wasn't Dalebert there today??

It crossed my mind to help some today... for about 0.73 seconds. Yesterday we woke early and loaded the truck in two different places in FL heat, then I drove most of the 24 hours str8 and unloaded the truck and still had to return the truck to Manchester and drive to Stratham. I fell asleep three times and woke up a few feet into the oncoming traffic lane on the way to Manchester and then two more times in my car on the way to Stratham. I brushed my teeth and went str8 to bed.

Oh, and I got to my car out of the lot 30 minutes before I would have been charged for another day of parking. =)

Mark_FTL

Quote from: David on May 13, 2008, 06:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 13, 2008, 05:28 PM NHFT
Tom couldn't stay away even on his day off  ;D
You mean it wasn't that evil,  ;)  liberarian taskmaster Mark that forced him away from family to work on his day off?  Hmm, I may have to rethink the dynamics of human relations.   ;D
Russell said gentlemens agreement.  While the clearer an agreement is, typically the less confusion and less conflict occurs.  If the agreement is that you work, you get paid, or get beer, than that is pretty simple, and I figure not a lot of conflict as a result. 

My asthma interferes with a lot of physical work, and in the past (and present) it has created a lifelong disliking for any physical labor, it has also resulted in my being a bit heavy.  Though in less physical work that I do in the restaurants, I enjoy the work, and the interaction with others.  So I assume that the home builders feel the same way.   :)

"Day off" is a subtle public relations ploy that I use to assure the State that I am not mistreating the proletariat. Infact, no one gets a day off until the project is done! Roger lives to far away and may try to abscond, so I make him sleep on site. It is no wonder that he wishes to see the project complete.

OK, the break is over! Everyone, back on your heads.

Jim Johnson

You khear vat Me-steer Edgington say!  No Breaks, heveryone is to be on der hade!
Me-steer Edgington es only vanting to see hass holes ant elbows!
Take hoff dam earphone!  Vork, vork!

Dis es how you get scum dog proletariat to vork.   
Es like :deadhorse: but leberty and freedom es good cause... no?

Puke

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 13, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFT

How did I get that "sir" anyway?
Am I Peppermint Patty?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on May 13, 2008, 11:00 PM NHFT
You khear vat Me-steer Edgington say!  No Breaks, heveryone is to be on der hade!
Me-steer Edgington es only vanting to see hass holes ant elbows!
Take hoff dam earphone!  Vork, vork!

Dis es how you get scum dog proletariat to vork.  
Es like :deadhorse: but leberty and freedom es good cause... no?

See I knew ya'll were gonna get me in big trouble with Masta Edgington and Big Jim. Ohhh, Lordie Lordie, what will I do?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Puke on May 14, 2008, 05:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 13, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFT

How did I get that "sir" anyway?
Am I Peppermint Patty?

No that would make me Peppermint Patty and you Charlie Brown.  :D

Well Sir Puke is kind of a play on Sir Duke, Steve Wonder's song. But, it was me just formalizing Puke a little. Hey, he came back from the Crusades and I knighted him OK.  :D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 14, 2008, 05:29 AM NHFT
See I knew ya'll were gonna get me in big trouble with Masta Edgington and Big Jim. Ohhh, Lordie Lordie, what will I do?
I don't no nothing about birthin babies .... or buildin' houses

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

why do we build each other's houses? ..... because we need em

Puke

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 14, 2008, 05:37 AM NHFT
No that would make me Peppermint Patty and you Charlie Brown.  :D

Well Sir Puke is kind of a play on Sir Duke, Steve Wonder's song. But, it was me just formalizing Puke a little. Hey, he came back from the Crusades and I knighted him OK.  :D

Well, I am bald and I'll accept your knight-ship.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

We now have a bishop and a knight. What other crazy characters are there?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 14, 2008, 07:11 AM NHFT
why do we build each other's houses? ..... because we need em

and.... because someone comes up with the lumber

Russell Kanning