• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Assault Rifle" Litter Clean Up, anyone? Anyone? Hello? Anyone there?

Started by doobie, May 14, 2008, 01:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PattyLee loves dogs

Stick to cowboy guns for the memetic effect... and they're faster if you need 'em anyway. 

Although according to the latest Reason, the rats in DC are so bad that flamethrowers may be appropriate:
:violent5:

Lloyd Danforth

I was gonna say we can get rid of them in the next election, but, I realized I would be insulting the Rodents.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 14, 2008, 10:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 14, 2008, 09:28 PM NHFT
seems a little cumbersome
not if you use the bayonette to pick up paper and cardboard with
I hadn't even thought about it .... all that gun cleaning sometimes helps. ;)

Lloyd Danforth

Still bulkier than a stick with a nail sticking out of one end

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: doobie on May 14, 2008, 07:07 PM NHFT
Yes, sorry, I should have used quotes around it and have corrected it.

I kinda posted this as a joke.  I don't think anyone would really be up for it.  Though it would be interested, but I don't think it would be taken too kindly to in a city environment.

We were talking about this on the last litter pickup I attended, in Manchester. I think it'd be a good idea only after we've firmly established open carrying handguns as a "normal" sight—until then, it'd only scare people and achieve the opposite of what we want.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: doobie on May 15, 2008, 07:55 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 14, 2008, 08:35 PM NHFT
i thought *you* were the one who brought it up!

no i'm not really in favor of the idea at the moment; maybe someday somewhere it might have its place

Maybe you mentioned something about it being OC'ing rifles in a town and then I added the open carry, because until our conversation I believed it wasn't legal to OC a loaded rifle on public streets.

I think it was Ryan who told me this, and who can confirm it, but having a CCW license permits you to carry loaded rifles (and a bunch of other weird things like swords).

highline

A license to carry a handgun here in nh is only required to carry concealed, loaded in a car, or loaded on an atv.

It can be concealed in a car, unloaded, without a pistol permit.

There is no permit required to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun while walking in public. Having a shotgun or rifle loaded in a car is always illegal unless you are disabled and have a permit to hunt from a car or are a law enforcement officer. 

207:7 Hunting From Motor Vehicle, OHRV, Snowmobile, Boat, or Aircraft. –

I. No person shall take or attempt to take wild birds or wild animals from a motor vehicle, OHRV, snowmobile as defined in RSA 215-C:1, boat, aircraft or other craft propelled by mechanical power.

II. No person shall have or carry, in or on a motor vehicle, OHRV, snowmobile, or aircraft, whether moving or stationary, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.

III. No person shall have in or on a boat or other craft while being propelled by mechanical power, or in a boat or other craft being towed by a boat or other craft propelled by mechanical power, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.

IV. The provisions of this section shall not apply to law enforcement officers carrying guns in the line of duty.

kola

QuoteIV. The provisions of this section shall not apply to law enforcement officers carrying guns in the line of duty.

"line of duty" ::)

plaaa lease.

Kat Kanning