• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Canning class(es)

Started by doobie, May 19, 2008, 09:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

Hi,

I'm targeting Sunday, July 13th to host a canning class in Dunbarton, NH. If you are interested please let me know. I can only host/teach about 6-8 people at a time.

My current thoughts are the following:
1) I can stuff for 'myself' and after we're done people can buy some of what I've canned
2) Everyone can bring some subset of ingredients, and pay for jars and we split what we can

I have a canner that I can can about 12-16 (I forgot) pint sized and 6-8 quart sized jars. I figure we can can one thing, then do some non-pressure canner stuff (jams, etc). Then maybe do another pressure canner batch.

If someone has a spare canner we can do more. Please note that I am not an expert canner, but I have been canning for about 3 or 4 years now (minus the past year and a half when I had plans to move to NH).

Ideas:

* French Onion Soup
    * Pasta sauce
    * Beef stew
    * Fruit Jam

More details will be posted as it gets closer. This is being cross posted to a couple of forums. If interest is high I may have a second date.

porcupine kate

Let me know if you are going to do a class on another day.  I can't make it.

srqrebel

I would be interested in attending.

Pat McCotter

Gloria and I would like to be there.

doobie

Quote from: porcupine kate on May 19, 2008, 09:11 AM NHFT
Let me know if you are going to do a class on another day.  I can't make it.

I'll see how many people have an interest for this day or another day.  I'll probably do another one in August if there is enough interest.

doobie

Seems like moderate interest.  I have 2 who can make it the date I specified and 2 that can't.  Going to see if I can find a better day to get everyone happy:

July 27th, August 2th, August 3rd, August 9th, August 10th

If you want to just be around when I can I can try to let you know when I'm canning something, but my guess is that I'll probably try to can something at least once a weekend for July/August/September.

Pat McCotter

Gloria and I can be there any of those dates or whenever you are canning. We only live up the street - Clinton St - from you in Concord.

Pat McCotter

Well, I see we missed yesterday's canning class. So, since we are leaving for CT this Friday, I guess we won't be making it for future classes.

Have fun!

doobie

Sorry, it's been hectic moving in and all so I didn't hold the class.  I also only had one or two responses for that date.  I may try to schedule it again in the future if people are available.