• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Simplify, simplify"

Started by YeahItsMeJP, July 19, 2005, 02:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

YeahItsMeJP

"Simplify, simplify" reads a bumper sticker quoting Henry David Thoreau, attached to a vehicle flying down the highway at top speed. Normally I giggle in amusment when I see this bumper sticker because it is usually attached to a fancy, spruced up vehicle driven by what appear to be urban yuppies. However, when I saw it yesterday, I was rather irked. This time the sticker was glued to a Hummer.

In case you aren't aware, Hummers are Sports Utility Vehicles (or as my grandfather, who has a story of almost being creamed by one on a daily basis, calls them "Urban Assault Vehicles"). They certainly do not represent any sort of simplification of life. They guzzle gasoline at astronomical rates and they annoy me. Let me be clear, I am not opposed to other people owning them, everyone has the right to do as s/he pleases. It is just me being *poor-baby-aww* about the fact that the owner seems to think s/he can proclaim to the world 'Simplify, simplify" and drive that obscene vehicle.

I guess it reminds me of the Bush Hypocrisy of claiming he is protecting freedom in America while he pushes for stronger versions of the Patriot Act.

Anyway, that is my contribution to Endlesss Whining for the day.

JP Moonbat

AlanM

I hear you JP. Same with the people who drive big cars who have bumper stickers about SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT. Puh- leeze. Get real.

Pat K

Hey give him a break, maybe his last vechicle was a Rolls- Royce Phantom VI.

I myself don't like small cars I never feel  right in one, probably from growing up in the time of the land Yacht's.

AlanM

Speaking of Rolls-Royce, I saw an 87 model today with only 78k for mileage. Must have been owned by a little old lady who only used it to drive to church.  ;D

Dreepa

H3s really piss me off.

There were two in the Independance day parade in Concord, CA... I wrote a letter.  Damn I hate them.

Although my dream car is a late 60s Caddy Convertible.