• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Here is something really stupid I did

Started by Raineyrocks, May 21, 2008, 12:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I went into Internet Explorer because I only use Firefox now to see if I could view the forum normally there.  I could I now know what my avatar is and there's a story behind that but I won't go there right now.

So I decided to see what my 12 year old has been up to when she's on the computer because she has severe listening to mom problems right now. I hope nobody gives me that kid and privacy lecture because I think some things have to be checked out from time to time.
I found out through her emails that she joined a chat room, something I specifically told her not to do without checking with me first.

So it was around 2 a.m. and I went into the account supervisor's master control room which only I can get in to and started checking off no to everything.  Now I somehow locked my own self out of Internet Explorer and I just have Firefox.  Doesn't that suck?

Coconut

Quote from: raineyrocks on May 21, 2008, 12:34 PM NHFT
I hope nobody gives me that kid and privacy lecture because I think some things have to be checked out from time to time.

I was basically turned loose on the internet when I was 8, and I'm fine... sorta...well... :-\ Just because I'm desensitized to everything disgusting and offensive, and have so social skills, doesn't mean... oh dear.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: raineyrocks on May 21, 2008, 12:34 PM NHFT
I hope nobody gives me that kid and privacy lecture because I think some things have to be checked out from time to time.
I found out through her emails that she joined a chat room, something I specifically told her not to do without checking with me first.

This is a good way to teach your kid both how to hide things from you, and not trust your judgment as to what's harmful and what's not. If she ever goes and does something that is genuinely dangerous, she'll probably be doing it behind your back and you won't even know about it. :-\

Lloyd Danforth