• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Pines Apartments

Started by Jitgos, May 23, 2008, 06:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jitgos

Hi, I'm starting to make preparations to move and looking at places to move. I was wondering if anyone has any info on The Pines Apartments in Keene. The prices are pretty good especially if I can find another Free Stater to room with in a 2 bed. Any info at all would be appreciated. Just looking for something cheap while I scope out the area and state for several months.

BTW I was searching craigslist and found another free stater looking for a room for the summer/fall in Keene. Does anyone know Josh Kern? At least that name was in his email so I figure that's his name and he may be from New Hampshire. Any other people looking to move this summer/fall? I'd much prefer a fellow free stater as a roommate. Thanks.

--My Advertisement--
"I'm planning on moving to Keene in mid July, but am flexible on that. I'm a 28 yr old straight male and self employed professional working with a NYSE company. Also a nonsmoker and not a huge partier either (a couple times a year like New Years maybe).

My main reason for moving is to get extremely active in the FSP and Free Keene movement and be around like minded people. I have some very big plans. Personally, I'm a voluntaryist, local FSP coordinator (although an inactive one), and FTL amplifier. I can be happy staying in and reading all day or going out and at times being the life of the party. I'm usually very chill and never had a problem getting along with anyone that didn't work for the government."

Kat Kanning

The Pines are a couple of blocks from my house.  It looks like a nice place.  I like the neighborhood.  What sort of info are you looking for?

Jitgos

Oh hey, thanks Kat. The Pines isn't listed on the apartment feedback sites I've checked... on those sites people will usually rate the management, noise, crime, etc. I figured I'd check because maybe someone on here has rented there before or knows someone with an experience. I'm not so picky or anything just don't want to rent a known "lemon" if I can help it. Thanks again. I'm getting excited for the move. If I have to I'll show up with a tent and sleeping bag and camp out in the city circle.. lol.. I just want to get there.

Puke

I spoke to a guy at work once that mentioned it was as decent place.
I think most places away from the college are nicer.

Pat K

FTL_Ian

Shane Maxfield

The Pines is a good place.   It's literally a stone's throw from a 7-11, and has close highway access for regular grocery stores and major shopping (Home Depot etc. etc.).  A major street next to it is a straight shot right to downtown.

It used to be a major trouble spot a decade or more ago (it was Maple Court Apts. then) but has shaped up to be a desireable place to live.  Not a whole lot of issues arising out of it these days, just occasional thefts from cars mainly.  Even those are pretty rare there.

Kat Kanning

How nice...the police helping more Freestaters get moved in  :D

Jitgos

Thanks everyone. Very good info and I will likely end up looking into The Pines. Good know it's another AMPlifier that's moving soon. I haven't heard back from him yet, but I assume that's still his plan.