• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cotton Patch Gospel

Started by supperman15, May 23, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

supperman15

No plans for the nights of June 20th, or 21st at 7:30.  looking for something to do after Church on June 22nd around 2?  Come and see Cotton Patch Gospell at the Acting Loft in Manchester. 

Come support a libertarian venture in the arts.

Cotton Patch Gospel-
The play is the story of Jesus set in Alabama in the 1960's, with music and lyrics by Harry Chapin.  The production reminds us to be true to who we are, and to strive for what we know we can accomplish, it is about faith in ones self.  And the blue grass music will have to tapping your toes all evening.
It is a great show fun for the family, and the change of setting takes all the preachy out of the story.  We have some fantastic talent working on the show. 

for directions and more info visit www.actingloft.org (you may want to skip the flash intro... its pretty dated)
tickets will be available online soon but feel free to contact the theater info@actingloft.org

Id love to see everyone there!

supperman15

I am proud to announce that our very own Matt Simon will be joining the band for Cotton Patch Gospel. 
Now this is sure to be a good time, see you there!

jaqeboy

Monica saw this earlier today and reports that it was really funny - reminded her of her grandmother back home.

SethCohn

Many of us attended this, and had a great time... If you can make tonight or tomorrow's performance... do so!

Matt is fantastic (as is the lead Billy, and the rest of the musicians) , and Phillip should be proud to be the director of a great show...

dalebert

Anyone care to join me if I drive up tonight? I might hang out in Murphy's a bit and enjoy the dollar beers for mug club members.

Speaking of Murphy's, Ryan claims someone found my Anarchy In Your Head money stamper but couldn't recall who and no one has brought it to my attention. Anyone know who has it?

Thanx.

Pat McCotter

Are tickets available at the door or only online?

SethCohn

Quote from: Pat McCotter on June 21, 2008, 02:23 PM NHFT

At the door is fine... (he posted just as the show starts...)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: SethCohn on June 21, 2008, 06:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on June 21, 2008, 02:23 PM NHFT

At the door is fine... (he posted just as the show starts...)

Thanks. We were planning on Sunday anyway, so no problem with the timing. :D