• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What kind of anarchist are you?

Started by Caleb, May 23, 2008, 08:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=37281

You scored as a Christian Anarchist

Christian anarchism is one of the oldest anarchist philosophies, arguably dating back to the early Christian church. Christian anarchists emphasise non-violence and oppose the state as God is the only legitimate source of authority. Key thinkers include the Russian novelist Leo Tolstoy.

Christian Anarchist    100%
Anarcho-Primitivist     80%
Anarcho-Communist     75%
Anarcho-Syndicalist    40%
Anarcho-Capitalist     25%
Anarcha-Feminist    20%

I have no idea how I scored 20% on anarcho-feminist. I tried to zero out all the feminist questions. They must give you a base of 20%, figuring that if you're an anarchist, you can't possibly be for oppression of women.  :-\

dalebert

Anarcho-Capitalist        75%
Anarcho-Syndicalist       35%
Anarcha-Feminist       35%
Christian Anarchist       30%
Anarcho-Primitivist       20%
Anarcho-Communist    20%

Pat K

You scored as a Anarcho-Capitalist
Anarcho-capitalism is perhaps more closely linked the libertarian tradition than anarchism as it favours a free market and a stateless society. Private businesses would replace the functions of the state. This form of anarchism is largely an American phenomenon and first emerged in the 1950s (although it arguably has its roots in 19th century individualist anarchism and classical liberalism). Key thinkers include Murray Rothbard.
Anarcho-Capitalist    
   80%
Anarcha-Feminist    
   45%
Anarcho-Syndicalist    
   35%
Anarcho-Primitivist    
   30%
Anarcho-Communist    
   20%
Christian Anarchist    

Friday

What kind of Anarchist are you?
You scored as a Anarcho-Capitalist
Anarcho-capitalism is perhaps more closely linked the libertarian tradition than anarchism as it favours a free market and a stateless society. Private businesses would replace the functions of the state. This form of anarchism is largely an American phenomenon and first emerged in the 1950s (although it arguably has its roots in 19th century individualist anarchism and classical liberalism). Key thinkers include Murray Rothbard.
Anarcho-Capitalist    
   95%
Anarcho-Syndicalist    
   55%
Anarcho-Primitivist    
   40%
Christian Anarchist    
   25%
Anarcha-Feminist    
   25%
Anarcho-Communist    
   15%

Percent appalled by the number of words misspelled in that quiz:
         95%

Jim Johnson

Anarcho-Capitalist   
100% 
Anarcha-Feminist   
60% 
Anarcho-Communist   
50% 
Anarcho-Syndicalist   
20% 
Christian Anarchist   
20% 
Anarcho-Primitivist   
20% 

Caleb

Quote from: Friday on May 23, 2008, 09:02 PM NHFT
Percent appalled by the number of words misspelled in that quiz:
         95%

At least some of the misspellings are Britishisms.

Frankly, I was disappointed that they left out "Anarcho-Poopalist"

Jim Johnson

Many of the questions are offensive, "The means of production should be owned in common by the community, not just the workers."?, they didn't have a neather option.

J’raxis 270145

Anarchist. Voluntaryist.

/silly hyphens...

KBCraig

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on May 23, 2008, 11:05 PM NHFT
Many of the questions are offensive, "The means of production should be owned in common by the community, not just the workers."?, they didn't have a neather option.

They even felt the need to repeat that one later in the quiz.

Half the questions were too inane to answer, but the quiz won't allow blank answers, so I don't have any idea how I would have scored.

Kat Kanning

Wow, Facilitator and PatK getting in touch with their feminine sides...Anarcho-feminists :)  PatK's probably out voting for Hillary now  ;D

dalebert

Yes, it appears to have been made by a leftist libertarian who doesn't understand free market notions of property. I don't expect them to agree with it necessarily, but it should be in the quiz. There should never be an either/or in an agree/disagree quiz. They should be separate questions, e.g.

Means of production should be owned in common by the community. Disagree 1 2 3 4 5 Agree
Means of production should be owned by the workers. Disagree 1 2 3 4 5 Agree

The term "means of production" is such a loaded phrase anyway that in itself promotes a specific notion of property. I AM the means of production with Anarchy In Your Head. Lloyd is the means of production of his carpentry. Many modes of production involve different degrees of  "means of production". But that discussion would be a different thread. I don't want to hijack this one. The only reason I mention it is because when I get to the version of the question for free market anarchists, we wouldn't use that phrase and so discussion of property immediately takes on a much broader meaning.

Maybe someone should make a more complete quiz.

John Edward Mercier

I don't feel the need to be labelled by someone else.

Russell Kanning

Christian Anarchist       
   90%
Anarcho-Capitalist       
   60%
Anarcho-Communist       
   50%
Anarcho-Primitivist       
   30%
Anarcho-Syndicalist       
   30%
Anarcha-Feminist       
   10%

half the questions where crazy catchphrases of the various groups.

political liberation and spiritual enlightenment?

Russell Kanning

It is like centrally planning or deciding who should be liberated ..... everybody and thing should be liberated .... but I don't get to choose or make it happen. All I can do is help people and not help enslave them.

Lloyd Danforth

I got to that question and quit.