• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sailboat for sale

Started by coffeeseven, May 24, 2008, 05:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeeseven

My beautiful 1974 Clark San Juan 21 is for sale. Very nice and very FAST boat with a roomy cabin. Comes with a Johnson 6 hp outboard and tank, built in Saturn compass, oar, dock bumpers 6 adult life vests 2 children's vests, 4 float seat cushions, 25 Watt Uniden President 511 two way marine radio, flares, ILDNR sticker paid through 2010. Sails, riggings and lines in great shape. Sits on a Fleet Captain trailer with good rubber, electric and fresh grease. $2400  - Rick 815-979-6403 coffeeseven@hotmail.com

I am willing to deliver for $1 per loaded mile.

PowerPenguin

Looks like it's in near perfect condition! Have you put this up on Craigs List, etc. yet as well?

Pat K

How many cannon can ye mount on her? :pirateship:

anthonybpugh

OHHHH, I'd buy it if I had the money and knew how to sail. 

coffeeseven

Quote from: PowerPenguin on May 24, 2008, 11:24 PM NHFT
Looks like it's in near perfect condition! Have you put this up on Craigs List, etc. yet as well?

Yes

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: anthonybpugh on May 24, 2008, 11:48 PM NHFT
OHHHH, I'd buy it if I had the money and knew how to sail. 
Me too.  Of course it would also help to have something that could tow it.

coffeeseven

You don't think you cull pull it with your bike? You'd get attention that's for sure.

For an extra $14,000 I'll throw in a 1996 Ford F-350 diesel dually 1 ton.  ;D

Boat is on eBay now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270248357823&rd=1

PowerPenguin

Damn that's actually an insanely good deal! Coffee must be desperate to get to NH! ;) If I had that kind of $ I'd resell for fun and profit but I don't. BTW, I suppose the coffee roasting biz didn't pan out well? Haven't heard anything about it at least. Would you consider doing it in NH?

coffeeseven

Quote from: PowerPenguin on June 24, 2008, 06:51 PM NHFT
Damn that's actually an insanely good deal! Coffee must be desperate to get to NH! ;)If I had that kind of $ I'd resell for fun and profit but I don't. BTW, I suppose the coffee roasting biz didn't pan out well? Haven't heard anything about it at least. Would you consider doing it in NH?

Coffee roasting is going well enough locally. Yes I will bring the roaster.

I wouldn't say desperate but pretty eager. Several times a day when the childish Harley rider (who I've never met) goes down my street and revs his engine to set off the alarm on my truck I think of NH.

When "code enforcement" showed up at my house to tell me I couldn't have my sailboat in my own driveway I thought of NH.

When one of my neighbors called the fire department on me because I like to have a fire in my back yard fire pit I thought of NH.

There is no community here. I think of it pretty much most of the time. I'll get there sooner or later.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: coffeeseven on June 26, 2008, 09:42 AM NHFT
I wouldn't say desperate but pretty eager. Several times a day when the childish Harley rider (who I've never met) goes down my street and revs his engine to set off the alarm on my truck I think of NH.

A couple LTE's about NH and bikes.

Letter > It's my right
George Bozeman, Deerfield
For the Monitor
June 24, 2008 - 12:00 am

I'm a motorcyclist in New Hampshire, and this is what "Live Free or Die" means to me:

I can destroy the peaceful environment of a beautiful state every time I start my motorcycle. Even though its engine is smaller than a typical automobile's and could be muffled to near silence, I pay extra for a resonating device to increase the roar of my machine.

I can interrupt worship in churches on Sunday mornings with the roar of my cycle. I especially like it that most New Hampshire churches don't have air conditioning so their windows are open and I can completely drown out the prayers. (I wonder if God can still hear them?)

I can intrude on the awful quiet of a funeral for a soldier who has died in Iraq to ensure that I have plenty of oil for my machine.

I can remind a post-traumatic syndrome sufferer of the roar of battle with my cycle's loud exhaust.

I can risk my own life by refusing to wear a helmet, even though this will increase the odds that, if I crash, I will spend the rest of my life in a vegetative condition at the public's expense.

I expect people to feel sorry for me when I become deaf from being exposed to my own noise.

I expect everyone to understand that I'm not sure of my own existence unless I'm creating a loud noise.

And, just in case you think this will all be over, come winter, I'll be back then with my skimobile!

Bike Week is not for families
Bob Corleto, Nashua
For the Monitor
June 25, 2008 - 12:00 am

Bike Week brings in big money for the state of New Hampshire and for the towns in the Lakes Region, but the last few years have been not so hot. This year it was dead.

You could blame it on the price of gas, but that's not what it was. It's the state of New Hampshire and the Bike Week officials that are going to destroy this event. When it's gone, you are going to be out of luck.

My vacation was ruined because of the state. Nice job with the temporary IDs right before Bike Week. It's always a good thing to raise vendor costs and make everything shut down early. And let's not forget all the kids and babies in strollers everywhere. This is just not right. It's Bike Week. This is a time when we should be out late getting loud. This is not a place to pack up the kids and go for a family day.

Every year the event gets worse and worse. New Hampshire is going to push Bike Week and bikers right out of New Hampshire, and then where are you going to make up that money? Probably taxes!

Bike Week is not, has not and never will be a family event, so stop trying to make it one.

PowerPenguin

Sounds like you live by a lot of busy-bodies! Down in socal, people don't support people's property rights either, but at least they are usually too apathetic to "do anything" about it 8-).

William

coffeeseven

More like 20 and a fraction but the manufacturer rounds up to 21.

PowerPenguin

Did you feel ripped off when you found out?

coffeeseven

Quote from: PowerPenguin on July 12, 2008, 08:28 PM NHFT
Did you feel ripped off when you found out?

No I allowed for shrinkage.  ;D

I felt ripped off when it didn't sell on eBay for $1000 less than I paid for it though.