• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What is your favorite song of the last 5 minutes?

Started by Friday, May 26, 2008, 07:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

Friday

This song seems apropos on so many levels (but this should probably go in Endless Debate and Whining   :'( ) (but I'm a mod, so screw you  :icon_pirat: )):
* have spent the whole day on the phone with divorce lawyers and consulates and providing personal, irrelevant information to the mafia
* have to (well, OK, choose to) get up and go to work tomorrow morning
* still reading Atlas Shrugged

Nathan.Halcyon

Does it have to be a "song"? The Doll's Girl Anachronism, if it must, but if not it's hard to beat Ed Alleyne-Johnson, and I think I'll go with that regardless. A distant second would be Emilie Autumn in one of her violin solos.

I'd sell both my adoptive and biological mothers to see Ed Johnson and Les Claypool get together for one night of wicked improv. :bow:

Nathan.Halcyon

A little more from the Dresden Dolls.

*Stands ready to hand out napkins*

Russell Kanning

been a busy 5 minutes for ya then huh? ;)

cool change

Nathan.Halcyon

Eh, five minutes, five days, or five years? Ed and Emilie are all time favorites, but I was listening to the Dolls when I spotted this. Amanda leads me to think of Emilie, and Emilie on her violin to think of Ed, and Ed's skill on the electric violin to think of Claypool's must-have-made-a-deal-with-the-devil level of ability on the bass. :bow:

I failed to mention Buckethead, though he was in my thoughts as well. It's fun to spend five minutes attempting to imagine the vomit-inducing dissonant harmony that would ensue when such talents are pooled, and I can't even begin to imagine what kind of stage show they'd come up with. Hallucinogens would be made obsolete. :o

The last five minutes, brought to you by the "mind" of this creature.

Puke

Friday

Quote from: Nathan.Halcyon on May 29, 2008, 05:16 AM NHFT
I'd sell both my adoptive and biological mothers to see Ed Johnson and Les Claypool get together for one night of wicked improv. :bow:
I saw Primus at the Berkeley Square!  ;D  Not the night they recorded "Live at the Berkeley Square", but still... I have been to, approximately 1,379,453 rock concerts, and that one stands out in my mind.  I have *never* seen a packed club grooving in such unison.  It was kind of like the sex scene in Matrix Reloaded.  NIMBY's later killed the club, of course.   >:(

I also saw Primus with Public Enemy at the Henry J. Kaiser, with the arena ringed by fire as the hills of Oakland burned during the Firestorm of '91.   :Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg  Good times.

Did I mention my cat's name is Thomas O'Malley?  ;)

embed is not working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn3uiLZY9Jg

Puke

Russell Kanning

Nathan.Halcyon

Quote from: Friday on May 29, 2008, 05:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: Nathan.Halcyon on May 29, 2008, 05:16 AM NHFT
I saw Primus at the Berkeley Square!  ;D  Not the night they recorded "Live at the Berkeley Square", but still... I have been to, approximately 1,379,453 rock concerts, and that one stands out in my mind.  I have *never* seen a packed club grooving in such unison.  It was kind of like the sex scene in Matrix Reloaded.  NIMBY's later killed the club, of course.   >:(

I also saw Primus with Public Enemy at the Henry J. Kaiser, with the arena ringed by fire as the hills of Oakland burned during the Firestorm of '91.   :Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg  Good times.
And how, man. I'm tellin' ya, Claypool is a gods damned genius on that Thompson four stringer. He plays like a man who loves his instrument, and whose instrument truly loves him in return. Speaking of symmetric groovage, did they happen to play Damn Blue Collar Tweakers at any of those shows? If you're not in it, and I was after about ten seconds of watching the crowd's reaction, and hanging at the back, the only thing you can see is a sea of human bodies, heads and arms wall to wall, all rollin' in perfect harmony with that man's thunder.

I'm half deaf from all the concerts I've attended, and theirs are always the most memorable. Primus fuckin' sucks, man. ;D

Quote from: Friday on May 29, 2008, 05:56 PM NHFTDid I mention my cat's name is Thomas O'Malley? ;)
A true fan. :bow:

Alligator Dave's Stinky Pinky..  ;D

Nathan.Halcyon