• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What is your favorite song of the last 5 minutes?

Started by Friday, May 26, 2008, 07:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Nathan.Halcyon

Give it up for some old school indefinable genre: Bile: I Reject.

The remaining 2 minutes and 5 seconds afford me the opportunity to share with you the two tracks by Dope that I consider personal anthems.

The first is Die Mother Fucker, Die:

I don't need your forgiveness
I don't need your hate
I don't need your acceptance
So what should I do
I don't need your resistance
I don't need your prayers
I don't need your religion
I don't need a thing from you

I don't do what I've been told
Your so lame why don't you

Just go
Die mother fucker die mother fucker die

I don't need your prison
I don't need your pain
I don't need your decision
So what should I do
I don't need your approval
I don't need your hope
I don't need your lectures
I don't need a thing from you

I'll be sorry when I'm old
You're so full of shit man

Just go

Boom

I don't need your forgiveness
I don't need your hate
I don't need your acceptance
So what should I do

I'll be sorry so you've said
I'm not sorry
Bang You're Dead

Die

Followed by Dope's Debonaire (Fuck Hollywood Mix):

I don't need diamond rings or high priced suits that shine
Limousines and flashy things or ancient bottled wine
Designer names and lavish things and million dollar hair
Bonny dames without a brain
I never really cared

Chorus:
I don't care nothing about it
Whoa yeah

I don't care for glitzy things or a fancy neighborhood
Glamour games or plastic fame or the king of Hollywood
I don't need flamboyant things or a top hat on my head
Modeling for magazines and to be a debonair

Repeat chorus:
I don't care nothing about it
Whoa yeah

As an aside, whilst I love the former track above almost all others, my knowledge of the defiling of the tune by Grouchy Media's propaganda piece makes me fuckin' sick to my stomach.

That said, I demand that you

The next minute span of your lifetime is brought to you by Slipknot's:

:icon_pirat:

kola

I saw someone mention the song Elenor Rigby. As a HUGE Beatle fanatic that song is truely a masterpiece of great classical music. Listen to the composition of the strings and the complex melodies. Hell, that has Beetoven/Bach written all over it.

It was after hearing that song that I started exploring classical music (Mozart, Bach etc) and a whole other side of artistry came into my world.

There will never be a musical band that can compare to The Beatles. Their contributions to music and art and their personal dedications to improving and freeing the world are like none other. I only wish John Lennon was still alive as he would be leading the masses against our tyrannical government.

Kola

Nathan.Halcyon

Quote from: kola on May 30, 2008, 01:35 PM NHFT
I saw someone mention the song Elenor Rigby. As a HUGE Beatle fanatic that song is truely a masterpiece of great classical music. Listen to the composition of the strings and the complex melodies. Hell, that has Beetoven/Bach written all over it.

It was after hearing that song that I started exploring classical music (Mozart, Bach etc) and a whole other side of artistry came into my world.

There will never be a musical band that can compare to The Beatles. Their contributions to music and art and their personal dedications to improving and freeing the world are like none other. I only wish John Lennon was still alive as he would be leading the masses against our tyrannical government.

Kola
Oasis fans would disagree! *Cowers behind his rotten tomato shield* ;D

Though sad to disagree, the Beatles success was largely due to corporate profiteering. Genius was recognized where so often it is not, and was exploited. Something was said, but it was lost in corporate translation. What positivity did the Beatles contribute that Dylan did not?

kola

QuoteOasis fans would disagree! *Cowers behind his rotten tomato shield*

Though sad to disagree, the Beatles success was largely due to corporate profiteering. Genius was recognized where so often it is not, and was exploited. Something was said, but it was lost in corporate translation. What positivity did the Beatles contribute that Dylan did not? 

I am not familiar with Oasis and I am unsure that they started a trend that drove and dictated  a certain style of music or thathey changed a billion peoples minds or if they initiated the fashion world of clothing, haircuts. glasses etc. John Lennon alone and his work was the major reason why the Vietnam war ended. I do not know any other musical band that had a WORLDWIDE effect such as they had. And sure Dylan did a great bunch of work as did many other artists of those times. Lennon even admitted Dylan inspired his writings and Dylan said The Beatles inspired his. This was a era that was different than today where now there is such a huge melting pot of musical artists. Now it is almost impossible for one band to take the topdog position. Today there are a lot of very good bands but there is such a large diversity that its scattered all over the place. Back then, it was a bit more funneled down and distilled and the message was distinct and clear for the entire world to see. Everyone knew of The Beatles.

Corporate profiteering? I have to disagree as The Beatles were attacked most often by the corporate media and Big Gov. They devised a "stamp out the Beatles" propaganda after John declared that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. They labeled it a British Invasion and announced that "rock and roll must go".  Big Gov was all over John Lennon and wanted him deported because of his political activism and ability to rally the younger generation. The media continually attacked Yoko Ono vicously and they busted both John and Paul on seperate weed charges. Yes the Beatles were a money machine for profiteers but that wasn't why they were popular. The Beatles needed no one to get to the top of the top. And like all good artists The Beatles would have done their work even without all the riches. Hell they stopped touring because they hated it. Do you know much money they truned down from not touring? John did free benefit concerts as did George Harrison when he went to Bangladesh. They didnt need promoters and corporate whores to send their message and continue doing great work.

kola

kola

I watched the vid you posted and heres my thoughts. A lot of music today has the tone of being very angry. The lyrics, the scorning voice synthesizers, the repetitous drowning beat, even the dress attire, and the colors and the stage presentation. Now compare that to the sixties. whoa huh?

Musical art should always be a reflection of the time and era. I see that same type of angryness in rap and although I dislike it I have to respect it for what it is....and that is that young black kids are angry and frustrated and need to scream about it. The blacks have been shit on for years and it still continues (and its getting worse) and IMO that is how black music evolved into rap. Hell, rock and roll was started by the black slavery and their displeasure with their white masters. But really, what I see is today is that they are all frightened. Its a natural human response to being backed into a corner with little if any options. In the sixties it was completley a 360 as the opposite approach was tried. IMO neither did much good because we are still in the same damn boat, maybe worse than ever. 

KBCraig

Gunslinger, by John Fogerty. It's the theme song for our brand-new semipro baseball team, the Texarkana Gunslingers.

Gotta love unaffiliated independent baseball. $25k salary cap per team per year, and $5 tickets.

Friday

I love this band.  This particular song reminds me of my housemates and me, known as the "Albany Terrorists" when we lived at party central on Albany Terrace north of Berkeley.  We got a note of 30 days notice, in the middle of a semester, and got the ol' heave ho.  I had to give up my puppy, which was one of the most heart-breaking experiences of my life.  I swore I'd never have another dog until I was in a position where no one could ever take it away from me, and I haven't had one since.  This is actually my primary motivation for wanting to buy a house.  Maybe I'll get a puppy for Christmas.  :love4:

In memoriam,
Batch
Kaas
Andy and Beth
Eric
Zeke (coonhound)
Chamois (moth-eaten, flatulent yellow lab)
Zoot, Dixie and Xerox (cats)
Yngwie J. Hasenpfeffer (my rabbit who had to relocate to my boyfriend's dorm room)
Sid and Nancy (my chinchillas, whom I had to sell)
and my beloved Duff (golden retriever puppy)

"Heave Ho" by Smashmouth

Pat K

Pat K

Friday

Simon and Garfunkel - Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard

John

Quote from: Friday on May 26, 2008, 09:59 PM NHFTNever got rid of my vinyl.

Wow!  You're old enough to say that?  :o
So, where is that fountain of youth?

John

John