• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Organic food stores?

Started by maulotaur, May 27, 2008, 02:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: maulotaur on May 29, 2008, 06:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 29, 2008, 01:33 PM NHFT
There's a coop in Brattleboro - closer to Keene.

Oh I want to go there!

I like that we are so close to vermont.  Yeah, it is a leftist state.  But as a friend from there said, the lefties just want to help people, their biggest fault is that they believe they can harness gov't to do the job.   :)  They are far more activist friendly than the right, in my opinion.  The coops, and the civil libertarian nature of many there, and in Keene, is evidence of that. 

Kat Kanning

There are some nice things in VT!

Pat K

I know a good lady in VT, that makles great pie and
Has a fine son.

Oh yeah the Jarhead lives with them.

Tom Sawyer

Pat K

Hey Roger see ya in 8 or so days.  ;D

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: David on May 30, 2008, 01:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: maulotaur on May 29, 2008, 06:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 29, 2008, 01:33 PM NHFT
There's a coop in Brattleboro - closer to Keene.

Oh I want to go there!

I like that we are so close to vermont.  Yeah, it is a leftist state.  But as a friend from there said, the lefties just want to help people, their biggest fault is that they believe they can harness gov't to do the job.   :)  They are far more activist friendly than the right, in my opinion.  The coops, and the civil libertarian nature of many there, and in Keene, is evidence of that. 

A lot of the leftists in Vermont are anti-statist, anti-authoritarian types, too. Massachusetts is the place full o' welfare statists.

maulotaur

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 27, 2008, 06:06 PM NHFT
PatK gets 100% on his grocery store test! 

Well, having gone to all of the places mentioned and checked them out, I would have to say that Price Chopper has the best buys (I got their card).  Hannaford was also nice but did not have a place to sit down, and many of the same products are more expensive.  Shaws was not too impressive to us.  Blueberry Fields might do better if it had a juice bar or something similar, though I see they have very little free space there as it is.  I am still checking into the co-ops mentioned in this topic.  Anyway, thanks to those who posted details about these sources.

-Paul on the road

Kat Kanning

I like the produce choice at Hannaford best overall, but the Best Buy has the best greens, and Shaws tends to have ripe bananas more often than the other places.

maulotaur

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 13, 2008, 06:30 PM NHFT
I like the produce choice at Hannaford best overall, but the Best Buy has the best greens, and Shaws tends to have ripe bananas more often than the other places.

So do you go to all of these places on a regular basis?  I imagine that would not be too inconvenient to do since they are in close proximity of each other which I find to be a definite plus for that.  I am kinda used to driving all around a huge metro sprawl to do it myself.

-Paul

David

I went to Blueberry Fields for the first time the other day, mostly just to look around.  Bought a yogurt brand called Brown Cow, maple flavor.  Prolly one of the best and creamyist yogurt I have ever had.  A bit pricy, but very good.