• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porc Manor possibility in Marlborough

Started by Russell Kanning, May 28, 2008, 07:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Commercial/NH/Marlborough/583600

The price is getting decent. The place is in good shape. You could rent out 5 or 6 rooms right away. Large mainfloor living areas would be great for visitors.

The church could possibly be used for stuff. Parking is across the street on common ground.

I was going to split the discussion of this place off of the other thread ... but am too lazy. :)

doobie

That would be pretty cool, you could probably easily convert the church into an indoor gun range

Russell Kanning

you have got to be kidding me

it is a perfectly nice looking church ... it would be such a waste to destroy it
wouldn't the conversion be really expensive?

J’raxis 270145

Indoor gun ranges are needlessly expensive. Considering the location, too, the city would probably make you carry a ridiculous amount of liability insurance—if they'd even allow it at all, seeing as how the building is in the "compact part" of a town. (And it's not exactly like you could hide what you're doing, considering the noise.)

dalebert

It seems rather silly to me to convert a church to a shooting range. There is SO much cost inherent to a range that the bldg itself isn't much of a savings. And the church is needlessly tall and has a lot of upper space that couldn't really be used safely. On the other hand, it has a stage area for bands. It has a balcony area for a DJ. It has stained glass windows that you could shine bright lights through from the outside at night. It's very conducive to being a dance club for college kids. Again, it saddens me that there is no substantial market for Goth there because that would be PERFECT.

Friday

I'm not so sure there isn't a market for goth in the area.  There was a screening/live performance of Rocky Horror Picture Show in the old Keene movie theater a few years ago, and the place was packed.  The crowd was very rowdy and enthusiastic.  I realize that that's not necessarily the same demographic that would attend a club, but just thought I'd mention it.

Puke

Too bad it's way out in Marlborough.
Gas is expensive after all.

J’raxis 270145

MattLeft

You could install a fireman's pole in the steeple/tower.

Puke

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Puke on May 29, 2008, 02:53 PM NHFT
you're kidding right?

Russell Kanning

Pat K

Caleb

I thought that the Church would have made a good place for showing movies. Also, you could probably rent it out for weddings and such. Bands. Maybe a theater for the college kids to put on artsy theater productions. Put on seminars, etc. I don't think you could fill it up all the time, but I think it could make enough money to pay for itself, and then some.

Puke

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 29, 2008, 09:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Puke on May 29, 2008, 02:53 PM NHFT
you're kidding right?

No, just stupid.
I mixed up my towns.
Winchester and Flavor Country get mixed up in my worthless brain meats.