• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 5/29/08 for no government drivers license

Started by Radical_Teen, May 29, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Quote from: SamIam on June 01, 2008, 02:49 PM NHFT
The government has already lost, a voluntary society will come about. The question is really how long do you plan to fight it with indigent righteous? (aka the gun in the room)

:clap:
Both were excellent posts, Sam.  I wish I could be there for your ride-along.  Having you in the Keene area is going to be super!

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 02, 2008, 11:27 AM NHFT
One of our friends got a PM from kola asking if he could be counted on to join the violent revolution.  Sounds like a fed to me.  Plus he's always trying to get on my good side.  I hate that.

Kat, I implore you to reduce his karma to at least 0.  (He pumped it up during karma fest.)  It will save some people a lot of work.

It might be neat to have a Suspected Fed membergroup you could put people in.   8)

kola

QuoteOne of our friends got a PM from kola asking if he could be counted on to join the violent revolution

Interesting.

Complete hogwash.  I think one my "buddies" have been toying around.

wheres this fictitous PM? and will your "friend" reveal their name.

sounds like a nice little railroading game.

I am a fed now too? I will try to stay on your bad side Kat, hows that?

believe what you will.

Kola 

SamIam

Shane, One more thing for you to think about: (sorry, you make good arguments, and I keep rolling them around in my head)

Quote. . .you need a license.  The reasoning behind this is simple: there are lots of people out there who regularly endanger the rest of us (and our families).  Whether they routinely drive drunk, drive recklessly (like the motorcyclist from the other day who initiated the events that eventually led to my arresting Russell), habitually speed etc.  The licensing process attempts to keep them off the roads by having the requirement that everyone needs one to drive, and when you lose your license you lose your privilege to drive that 2000lb hunk of steel on the roads.

First, understand that the current system, based on results (i.e. the jackass on the motorcycle), is a failure. Not only that, it fails time and time again, as motor vehicle accidents are one of the top 3 killers in North America. So I would go so far to say the current policy is a miserable failure. Not only that, in your attempt to prevent these deadly accidents, you support actions that literally rob the innocent at gunpoint; hundreds of people every day in NH. (not sure how many tickets are issued)

So let's review, hundreds robbed at gunpoint who haven't hurt anyone to prevent a few from dying in preventable accidents, only to very marginally reduce traffic related injuries and fatalities, with the added result of additional violence. How many police officers have been killed in routine traffic stops for non-violent offenses?

It seems to me the current policy is grossly ineffective, and something different should be tried, and I don't mean increased penalties, as that has failed as well. I, along with many others, want safe roads, I want to reduce harm caused by dangerous drivers, I want the some of them taken off the roads, and that can be accomplished in other ways that are much more effective than the current system. One possible solution gets back to the private ownership of roads we have discussed.

The objection I'm hearing from you Shane, is not so much the need for a government controlled drivers license, but a way to transition from where we are today to the optimal system balancing personal freedom and safety of others.

Coconut

Quote from: SamIam on June 02, 2008, 03:28 PM NHFT

So let's review, hundreds robbed at gunpoint who haven't hurt anyone to prevent a few from dying in preventable accidents, only to very marginally reduce traffic related injuries and fatalities, with the added result of additional violence.

I drive FAR less safely when I have to watch my speedometer every 5 seconds, as well as the side of the road for cops sitting there.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Shane Maxfield on May 30, 2008, 09:40 PM NHFT
I also see disorganization, lack of leadership and a hodgepodge of actions limited to the tactical level ... You should get some people thinking "strategic," which means ...

You're not the first person to point this out.

I think the overarching "strategy" that a lot of people are employing is basically the free-market theory: Everyone engages in their own little business, fulfilling their own little desires according to their rational self-interest, and it all tends to work out, with the illusion that there's a sort of "invisible hand" guiding the whole process, but it's really just a bunch of people doing their own thing. Get enough people doing it and it works.

That said, there are plenty of people who actually thing in longer-term strategic terms, but (I think) most of them are engaged in the political process, so you don't see them talk about it on this board.

Vitruvian

Quote from: J'raxis 270145That said, there are plenty of people who actually thing in longer-term strategic terms, but (I think) most of them are engaged in the political process, so you don't see them talk about it on this board.

Pardon me for interrupting your conversation with the cop, but I thought this condescension deserved emphasis.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on May 29, 2008, 09:59 PM NHFT
the only reason him and his muttfriend(highwhiner) came here was to stop the Copwatch program. They fooled a couple people and now there is no more Copwatch huh?

a few got suckered in by their bullshit but the gooncops actions always reveal their true colors. Beware a goon who "acts" friendly. These are the worst ones...backstabbing mofos.

I've known highline in person since at least 2007-11. Besides all of his LEAP- and HB1623-related activism, I've heard him support the recent piece of legislation requiring cameras attached to TASERs, so that the cops' usage of them can be monitored for violations. I believe I also remember him saying once that he thinks the dashboard cameras in the cop cars should always be turned on—to monitor the officers, not the people they stop.

I've tried to stay civil in all the arguments I've had with you over your nutty ideas. But if you think that highline just up and came here now to stop the Copwatch people, you really are a completely ignorant moron.

kola

jraxi, maybe you'd feel different after he kidnapped you and stole your money?

No matter how "good" he talks or thinks, his actions still make him "bad". There is no middle ground. Name a good nazi.

Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on June 02, 2008, 04:27 PM NHFT
No matter how "good" he talks or thinks, his actions still make him "bad". There is no middle ground. Name a good nazi.

Just did that in another thread.

kola

Letting them be slaves was "good"?

I'd rather be sent to the gas chambers than be a slave.

is this the Schindler from the movie Shindlers List? I never seen it.

Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on June 02, 2008, 04:53 PM NHFT
Letting them be slaves was "good"?

I'd rather be sent to the gas chambers than be a slave.

Eh, personal choice. I agree with you, but not everyone would.

Quote from: kola on June 02, 2008, 04:53 PM NHFT
is this the Schindler from the movie Shindlers List? I never seen it.

Yes, but he was a real person.

Schindler wasn't exactly a "good person"—he owned a factory that employed slave labor, that made munitions for the German war effort, and so on. The ideal thing for him to do morally, perhaps, could have been to forge papers to get his workers out of the country (like many others did), and then sabotage or destroy his factories—but I don't think he was opposed to the war, just the German treatment of Jews. But my original point wasn't to look for the best answer, but to point out that asking someone to just up and withdraw from their difficult position does not help anyone or anything except perhaps the conscience of the person in question.

error

I'll know where highline stands if he hands the keys to his DeLorean to Russell. ;)

Pat McCotter

I understood he was giving rides, not letting folks drive!

Russell Kanning

Cops "make you an offer you can't refuse" much like other mafia