• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 5/29/08 for no government drivers license

Started by Radical_Teen, May 29, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

firecracker joe

I know i feel somthing a miss in the air when ever russell is afoot sometime i can just get an eerie sense of problems when hes near. or maybe its just me.

Jim Johnson

Kat Kanning

Quote from: jose on June 04, 2008, 07:27 PM NHFT
I know i feel somthing a miss in the air when ever russell is afoot sometime i can just get an eerie sense of problems when hes near. or maybe its just me.

Oh, problems for your vow when he's near, too?

Pat K

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jose on June 04, 2008, 07:27 PM NHFT
The cops don't show up to all of my parties.

firecracker joe

seems they came with you and used the fire as an excuse, as not to blow your cover

Lloyd Danforth

They were at the end of your driveway when we showed up.  Thats how we knew it was your place.

firecracker joe

Russell Kanning

Firecracker Joe ... knows how to draw a crowd .... of police. ;)

Rodinia

QuoteThe reasoning behind this is simple: there are lots of people out there who regularly endanger the rest of us (and our families).  Whether they routinely drive drunk, drive recklessly (like the motorcyclist from the other day who initiated the events that eventually led to my arresting Russell), habitually speed etc.  The licensing process attempts to keep them off the roads by having the requirement that everyone needs one to drive, and when you lose your license you lose your privilege to drive that 2000lb hunk of steel on the roads.  The consequences of getting caught driving without a license, or on a suspended license, deter most of those dangerous drivers, in my experience.  And keeps them from driving, and endangering you and me.

I'd like to discuss the premise that licensing helps prevent recklessness, drunken driving etc.

I'll keep speeding mostly out of this conversation. (although it is a MASSIVE revenue source) I will mention that I firmly believe that speed limits are set too low most places on purpose.
The fact that I have to drive under the duress of having to watch my speedometer so I don't get pulled over, to drive at a speed which is too low to be comfortable on most roads while enduring the ever present thread that at any moment, the blues are coming behind me is in fact FAR more distracting that if one were freely, comfortably and carefully. There is something so incredibly undignified as to have my personal abilities and intentions for the safety of myself and my loved ones constantly questioned by the "authorities"

Shane states that he feels the license is a means to protect people from the "lots"( I personally disagree with this premise and will require substantiation to consider it a valid comment) of people out there who regularly endanger us.
I assume Shane, you mean a license is useful as a means of legal recourse.

However,  I don't follow the logic that we need a license to protect our rights. Further, I don't see how a license and the threat of having a license revoked will prevent an individual inclined towards a particular behavior, be it drunken driving or recklessness, to alter their behavior. I believe repeat offenders for drunken driving is preeety high.

It seems clear that the license has been an immense source of revenue for states across the nation as well as the gateway for such highly offensive legislation as Real ID.

Shane, can you give me a ballpark estimate of how much revenue the state makes from license applications and renewals and tickets from people having either no license or suspended licenses?

Also Shane, you stated that driving is a "privilege" in your opinion. What right in your opinion does the government have in being the arbiter of granting the privilege of driving?

Russell Kanning

error

State licensing is not necessary to ensure that people who drive on the roads are safe, competent drivers. This function can easily be handled by the driving schools which already exist, (and do a much better job of driver training than the state!) as well as the plethora of new facilities which would exist in the absence of state control over this much-desired function.

firecracker joe

its those  big shifty brown eyes that attracts them. the only way they would move faster towards me is if i carried donuts. Maybe i should try that a little bribe never hurts. whos firecracker joe