• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Little Brother

Started by error, May 31, 2008, 11:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Barterer

Yeah, nmap and sshnuke (?) 

I knew it was nerdier and more obscure than plain ol' ssh.  But you win! 

error

Quote from: Barterer on June 12, 2008, 03:52 PM NHFT
Yeah, nmap and sshnuke (?) 

I knew it was nerdier and more obscure than plain ol' ssh.  But you win! 

Yeah, but the thing is, the computer program "sshnuke" was entirely fictional (but the vulnerability it supposedly exploited was real).

Barterer

Darn, I'll have to get my system up to sci-fi standards  :D alias sshnuke="ssh"

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kevin Dean on June 12, 2008, 02:20 PM NHFT

Users of Tor, however, share their internet connection in chunks to anonymize traffic. Using Tor, clicking submit would send from your computer to the router to another Tor user's ISP to the Tor user's computer, to another Tor user's ISP to another Tor user and so on until at SOME point that Tor user's computer sends it's data to Russell and Kat's server, appearing to the server as if it originated from the last Tor user (who might be in India or Spain or anywhere). Data on the internet is broken into chunks and each chunk takes a different route so unless you managed to be watching all the possible end-points, no "man in the middle" could piece together every chunk and find out what you sent.

Thanks for the explanations, Kevin!
Wasn't an anonymizer like tor mentioned in the book?

Pat McCotter

AntonLee

this looks interesting I'm going to have to read it now.

EthanLeeVita

I read it awhile ago and I enjoyed it. Ending wasn't perfect(nor seemed that realistic) for my anarchist beliefs, but it was definitely a fun read.