• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Alternatives Expo at Porcfest 2008

Started by Russell Kanning, June 02, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I saw the pre-edition of the Grafton Gazette today  :D  Maybe you'd want the editor of that paper.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jaqeboy on June 04, 2008, 10:50 AM NHFT
Wow! Just found this thread as I was about to start a thread of the same name. Good thing I looked.

Russell and Kat are of course invited. I actually have Russell listed (on the tentative list) for Welcome to the Shire! Wanna do that one Russell?
I copied your old one.

Yes

"Welcome to The Shire"!

.... oh wait .... not until the right time

dalebert

For what it's worth, I'm planning to volunteer some.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jaqeboy on June 04, 2008, 07:12 PM NHFT
Boy, that asking for volunteers and money really shut down this thread, eh?

The Lowdown, Inside Track on the Shire (eh, Russell?);
Whatever day we are there .... I will be hanging out at the Altexpo (if anyone is looking for me)

I will be in Keene on Tuesday for the Porcfest official tour and Grafton on Wednesday for unofficial visits .....

man you are tough Jack ... no responses in 6 hours and you is crackin the whip

Russell Kanning

doobie

How do we determine when something is schedule for?  I'm signed up to do the 'Amateur Radio in the freedom movement;' talk/discussion and wanted to make sure it's Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Russell Kanning

I think he will put on up on the site.
We almost need different threads for each day already. Altexpo is out of control.

jaqeboy

Quote from: doobie on June 04, 2008, 08:43 PM NHFT
How do we determine when something is schedule for?  I'm signed up to do the 'Amateur Radio in the freedom movement;' talk/discussion and wanted to make sure it's Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

I had problems accessing the site - spent hours getting nowhere on that today and lost work time. Now it's up again, but I need sleep.

On your talk, just write to talk@AltExpo.org to tell us what time you'd prefer or what times you can't do and we'll throw out a tentative schedule on the site (tomorrow). It'll have to go through several jugglings before it's settled.

jaqeboy

Quote from: dalebert on June 04, 2008, 08:32 PM NHFT
For what it's worth, I'm planning to volunteer some.

Thanks, Dale - it's very much appreciated.

There are a couple of areas where we'll need some help - it's usually pretty benign stuff, like hanging around to make sure equipment doesn't get stolen and reminding the presenter that their time's up, and reading that annoying script where we request donations at the end of each talk to pay expenses, etc.

We could probaly use some help handing out flyers with our schedule on it - write volunteer@AltExpo.org and thanks in advance.

Oh, yeah, and next time we do this, I need a volunteer to remind me to start a month earlier!  :blush:

jaqeboy

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 04, 2008, 07:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on June 04, 2008, 07:12 PM NHFTSamIAm talks on The Law of Attraction

When is this talk scheduled for?

I've got to find out what preferred times Sam would like, or when he has conflicts. Sam, email in to talk@AltExpo.org and let me know what you need for schedule time and let's talk about when we can view the Secret (we should have video equipment, but our IT & A/V guy had to go to the MidWest due to a death in the family - I'm kinda sweating his return...)

Russell Kanning

a campout will never be the perfect location for viewing movies ... we can survive if we are stuck with actually talking to each other about the concepts. :)

How can the rest of us help with the website? It seemed like you could change the pages ... maybe we could start with a skeleton calendar and keep changing it.

I could start things off on Friday. :)

ancapagency

The presentation on Mediation and Alternative Conflict Resolution will need to be BEFORE Friday--I will not be at Porcfest after Friday AM. 

The presentation will be pretty short on my part--my plan is to cover the basics and then open it up for questions and discussion.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 05, 2008, 06:35 AM NHFT
a campout will never be the perfect location for viewing movies ... we can survive if we are stuck with actually talking to each other about the concepts. :)

Thanks Russell, that's some good survival!

Last year we draped a darker tarp over the white tent to block light, so the screen area was in the dark end - that actually worked pretty well to even show videos in daylight. If someone has a large dark tarp (they make them brown with a foil side), that would be cool. I have a large blue one that might work. I'm going to need some more tent stakes for those - anyone know the best place to get some rugged ones - wind ripped the little bent wire metal ones right out of the ground last year. I think we added a couple of the metal fire rings around the periphery to hold it down - bricks might work, too (my favorite thing to bring on a campout - more heavy stuff!)

How can the rest of us help with the website? It seemed like you could change the pages ... maybe we could start with a skeleton calendar and keep changing it.

Ron says we can have a google calendar show up on a webpage, so that might be the ticket. Last year Caleb volunteered to be the scheduler, but maybe we could have joint schedulization this year. I'll start the google calendar and share it with you, so you can make changes, too, or so that other people can view it if we give them the link. Then I'll figure out how to make it appear on the site (maybe with a little help from Ron or Steve)

I could start things off on Friday. :)

Thanks, Russell - the famous "Welcome to the Shire" speech, eh? I usually like to give an explanation of the AltExpo to everyone as the first talk of the day, but usu. most people have slept in after campfire partying and miss it. By the way, all presenters get their own page on the site, which is one way people can add value to the site. You'd have to register on the site - I'd see your registration in the back room and I'd set you up with a stock blank page and you could edit it from there. Steve will figure out the indexing and search features (not really implemented yet) and those features will appear on the site when that's done. Also, presenters get an AltExpo.org email address - yours would be Russell@AltExpo.org (maybe we can throw in a free cup of coffee, too).

jaqeboy

Quote from: ancapagency on June 05, 2008, 10:52 AM NHFT
The presentation on Mediation and Alternative Conflict Resolution will need to be BEFORE Friday--I will not be at Porcfest after Friday AM. 

The presentation will be pretty short on my part--my plan is to cover the basics and then open it up for questions and discussion.

Yeah, we will put you on Thursday at a time that works for you.

Russell Kanning

I had a page or 2 last year ... but I need to make ones for this year.