• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Alternatives Expo at Porcfest 2008

Started by Russell Kanning, June 02, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I don't think we have a thread going about this yet. There is some discussion on the thread started by SamIAm, but I think he only wanted feedback on seminars he could do at Porcfest 2008.

Kat and I will be visiting the AltExpo on one of the days.

What is the schedule so far?

Should we do what we did last year (Kat answers questions about the NH Free Press and info on starting your own paper - Russell answers your questions about being a nut in The Shire)?

Pat K

Russell (on the left) and one of his minions.

Lex

When was Russell in Ukraine? Per above photo.

Pat K

Thats on a need to know basis.

But they do have secret nut training facility's there.

Russell Kanning

I was thinking we could have a session where we reveal the true goals for The Shire.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Pat K on June 02, 2008, 02:32 PM NHFT
Thats on a need to know basis.

But they do have secret nut training facility's there.

Mmmm.... secret nuts.

Wait... Russell is going to expose the true goal of The Shire?   :o

Russell Kanning

don't tell the feds

also .... what is the schedule for AltExpo #2 2008?

I was thinking we could have anyone interested in Grafton come and visit on Wednesday.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

I could give a class:  How to Flirt:  For Geeks.

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 02, 2008, 08:29 PM NHFT
I was thinking we could have anyone interested in Grafton come and visit on Wednesday.

Is Grafton part of the tours? If not, then an unofficial carpool would probably be in order.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on June 03, 2008, 10:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 02, 2008, 08:29 PM NHFT

Is Grafton part of the tours? If not, then an unofficial carpool would probably be in order.

It was last year ... I don't think it is this year.
Wednesday is the the day for Concord.
You can let everyone know that Wednesday afternoon would be a great time to visit Grafton. :)
It is i nice drive to Grafton and you can go at least 2 different ways. That is the nice way of saying "you can't get there from heyah."

jaqeboy

Wow! Just found this thread as I was about to start a thread of the same name. Good thing I looked.

Everything is chaos here at AltExpo HQ in cyberspace, but I hope to post the tentative lineup of talks tonight. I'm out of state, though and can't get on the site myself (I could yesterday - what gives?)

Russell and Kat are of course invited. I actually have Russell listed (on the tentative list) for Welcome to the Shire! Wanna do that one Russell?

The youth group topic is tentatively 3PM Saturday, so Kira would probably be interested in that. I have the intro by a guy who knows more about Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts history than anyone else in the state. Plus he knows about the history of other youth groups that didn't make it long term. Then after him we can open it up to a session for what the kids would like and what the adults would volunteer to do to help set up and support the group (If the kids want any outside help)

We have a few other interesting things we're cooking up for this year, including a community currency experiment - we're open to ideas about that - so far we're planning on using basically the Ithaca Hour model with some variations.

In all of this, though, we need some volunteers, some money partners for a few small expenses that we believe we can re-imburse at the end out of the proceeds of a couple of fundraisers that will happen at the event.

I've got to publish the basic essay about the "Alternatives Strategy" or "Why the Alternatives Expo". I've delivered this in person to several people over the last couple of years, but I know I've got to get it in writing and published.

jaqeboy

Oh, yeah, so this is a near-final call for presenters... if you have a topic that you think other Porcs should hear about, we'll give you an hour to give it your best shot. You'll also get your own page on the AltExpo site that you can create and edit. We are hoping the site can be an indexed and searchable resource for all the alternatives ideas in New-Hampshire (with whatever outside the Shire sources cited, as well, if there's not enough here). Presenters get an AltExpo.org email address and a free cup of coffee, too!  ;D

email: talk@AltExpo.org if you'd like to present or if you know of someone or some topic you'd like to hear.

jaqeboy

Boy, that asking for volunteers and money really shut down this thread, eh?

I'm in the boonies on a satellite dish and can't get to the AltExpo site myself to edit it, so, here are a few teasers from memory:

The Lowdown, Inside Track on the Shire (eh, Russell?);
Katherine Albrecht is all but confirmed - talking about RFID chips and the latest on VeriChip, the human implant people;
Steve Goodale returns with his latest research on deep politics;
Youth group history, esp. Boy/Girl scouts & forming a pro-freedom youth group;
Permaculture design and ecovillage living in New-Hampshire (with 2 tours of the ecovillage);
Tiny Houses and minimalist living;
Creating and running a small newspaper (eh, Kat?)
Shire Silver, a standard for distributed manufacturing of metal money in the Shire;
Willing Workers on Organic Farms - how to come to New-Hampshire, work and get room and board right off;
Unplugging from the Matrix - roundtable;
Freedom Force International introduction;
Running a small animal farm (not a George Orwell novel);
Amateur Radio in the freedom movement;
Time is Money; How to use the Expo Hour and forget the Fed;
SamIAm talks on The Law of Attraction;
and more presentations to be announced.

There will be videos out the wazoo

Hospitality in the Pistol Pub all day Saturday - cash bar reception from 4-7PM

but, that's not all....
Some of it I can't remember because I can't access the area of the site where I keyed it all in  :'(

Be sure to register on the site: http://altexpo.org to get announcements and final details. As soon as I can access it again, I'll put the tentative schedule up on the home page of the site - it'll get edited til things start.