• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Alternatives Expo at Porcfest 2008

Started by Russell Kanning, June 02, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Oh, and if you see anything on the schedule about my "balls" it has to do with deep self-massage using various (usually tennis) balls.
I'll likely do this around (before/after) tent set-up time.

jaqeboy

Excellent, John. It'll be good to hear that classic of yours again!

Also, how can I say this? It'll be interesting to see your balls...

jaqeboy

Still entering schedule items at: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=mp2t9th6vlfe0u3fd03ofttc1c%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Just a couple of teasers: We will have the best coffee in the campground - fresh-roasted on Tuesday and rushed up to us on Wednesday. I heard rumors of espresso being available, too.

We have a hospitality room in the lodge all day Saturday with a Happy Hour cash bar from 4-7!

jaqeboy

OK, the calendar is fairly fleshed out, but I have a couple more here somewhere on some scraps of paper  :D Also, still open to your favorite topic. Just get up the nerve, gather you notes and write us at talk@AltExpo.org.

Rumor has it that when you enter Alt-ville, you enter an alternative dimension - we'll even have our own money!

jaqeboy

Hey, everyone, you're invited to bring a mix CD of your favorite freedom tunes or just your favorite tunes. We'll have a CD jukebox to play them during party times.

jaqeboy

Oh, so I said it before, but it's the last, last call for speakers/presenters or people who want to be in a roundtable discussion about any topic. I have a couple of slots to fill and a couple of confirmations I'm waiting on.

Also, we are going to have a very cool alternative currency experiment at Alt Expo. We have some beautiful certificates designed and almost all printed and ready for issuing. This is a time-based currency, like the Ithaca Hour http://ithacahour.com. If you'd like to be part of the experiment, you can join us at P32 for the formation of a Board of Directors for setting rules for the first issuing of the certificates. You can be the management of the AltExpo money system. Jump in on this project - I think it will attract a lot of attention to alternative ways of doing things in the Free State.

We're calling the money Expo Hours and there will be a site built at http://expohours.com (probably not up yet).

Just for a preview, here's a 1/10 hour certificate:

jaqeboy

Help, Kat! Where'd the dang image go?

Never mind - I see it now.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jaqeboy on June 08, 2008, 09:39 PM NHFT

I don't

jaqeboy

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 09, 2008, 06:01 AM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on June 08, 2008, 09:39 PM NHFT

I don't

Hmm, I could see it on another computer, but not on this one. Hmmm

Kat Kanning

Quote from: jaqeboy on June 08, 2008, 09:38 PM NHFT

Just for a preview, here's a 1/10 hour certificate:

For some reason my computer wants to download it rather than open it.  Not sure why.  You could just attach the image to your post.

Kat Kanning

I love the "in each other we trust".  :D

dalebert

One thing I don't like about it is it seems to perpetuate the myth that all our labor has the same value. There's a term for that misguided view of economics that evades me right now. I'm sure someone will post it. I realize it doesn't necessarily mean that in its actual usage but what's printed on it implies that.

Kat Kanning

I heard they were going to exchange them for a cup of coffee at Alt Expo, yes.

Russell Kanning

those of us that might use them can choose them to mean whatever we want :)

jaqeboy

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 09, 2008, 08:25 AM NHFT
I'm curious about the coffee cup... Can you trade one in for a cup of coffee?

Yeah, at our ExpoCafe. We'll be serving the best coffee you've ever tasted and you can only get one with a 1/10 Expo Hour certificate.

The idea was: instead of showing some dead state hero as the key artistic focus, we wanted to put a commodity on there, indicating that no matter what happens to state-issued notes, our 1/10 hour would always be worth about the same amount of commodities.