• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton is new Big Media capital

Started by PattyLee loves dogs, June 05, 2008, 09:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I actually prefer to not have it all justified. :)

Kat Kanning

Obviously I like it justified :)

He's using Scribus also.

TresJay

Since I made a special copy for Russell (ragged), I also made a special copy for Kat (justified).

It was intentional originally to keep it ragged as we assumed it was easier to read, and never looked at justified to compare.  Now that I did it, I'm surprised how well Scribus does it, and that everything still fits the space allotted.

I'm willing to entertain additional opinions re: ragged vs justified.

Of course whichever is decided, I'll be sure to make the other version available for the minority decision.  :)

Kat Kanning

Lex

Quote from: TresJay on July 04, 2008, 02:38 PM NHFT
Of course whichever is decided, I'll be sure to make the other version available for the minority decision.  :)

I can see the front page news of the next issue already: Jay Aims to Please Everybody!

TresJay

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 04, 2008, 09:07 PM NHFT
I can see the front page news of the next issue already: Jay Aims to Please Everybody!

:)  More likely, our Man Bites Dog headline would be "Jay Aims to Please Somebody."  Now that would be news.

Dan

I think you can turn on auto-hyphenation, which would allow it more wiggle room to make it look right.  Of course, this means another proof-reading pass, because software is dumb.  :)

Free_Marketeer

QuoteAs Jane stood to offer thanks
and speak about her years in Grafton EMS,
the table cloth on the food table was ignited
by a small food warmer, burst into flames,
and pandemonium erupted. As members of
the fire department quickly extinguished
the fire and began clean-up, the assembly
moved out to the lawn to enjoy the cake
along with generous servings of stories and
goodwill.

I guess if a fire's going to start, you'd want to be at the fire station, heheheh, kinda makes you wonder, though... ;)

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 26, 2008, 06:09 PM NHFT
I got one in the mail today.

We're still working on the low flying propaganda planes and helicopters dropping them off in mass paper bombs...until then the U.S. mail will have to do.  :Leaving_in_a_jet_plane____by_

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

The "trader" section of the paper has been working for us. :)

Kat Kanning

I started getting calls on the want ad on Saturday.