• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warrant out for my arrest

Started by Kat Kanning, June 05, 2008, 02:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Well, I didn't want him to be sad because he's not in NH any more.

Pat K

error

I was wrong, the gun-toting enforcers still ARE reading this forum, and this thread.

Kat Kanning

Guess the feds were just blowing hot air.

error

Quote from: error on June 17, 2008, 05:10 PM NHFT
I was wrong, the gun-toting enforcers still ARE reading this forum, and this thread.

And apparently smiting me.

karenijohnson

Hi Kat: some ideas for you.... in re case.... YOU NEED to arrange for a COPY of
(don't see a scan of the notice that you were sent about 10 days to pay 125$...)

basically, your arrest on Federal property(leased or owned) becomes a federal court matter...
speeding in a national park is another example...

they have this somewhat informal procedure to "disposition" these matter with small "plea bargain type conferences" with the representatives of the "prosecutor/dept. of justice folks"... mostly fines...

BUT if that process does not work, you can have a Trial . Judge only if it is a fine. Should be JURY allowed if imprisonment is a possible outcome.  NOW the warrants allow "dentention" for the time to get you before a magistrate (that is doing the delegated job-task of an actual life term federal judge) under a contempt type basis.  CONTEMPT "detention" has to stop when it becomes "punitive" and further detention is unlikely to

change your "contemptuous" position or holding.

YOU NEED to arrange for a COPY of all papers ON FILE in the COURT CLERKS office in your matter. SEND someone down there to ask for a copy of the records under "PUBLIC RECORDS ACT." 

A bad name (kanningdillon) does not invalidate the warrant. the warrant they bring (if they bring one) need not be signed. THE signed ORIGINAL warrant will be returned to the Magistrate/judge "after" execution and arrest.

ARREST will occur at the time and place of choosing of the arresting agency (in your case probably) a deputy federal marshal at some public place.  HOWEVER if you are "pulled" over for speeding/stop sign violation and the "warrant check" returns this warrant, you may be booked or "cite and released" at the jail on this warrant.

re-read the above to better understand it...

Kat Kanning

The jury thing doesn't seem to be allowed for small cases, even if there is jail time.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 22, 2008, 05:32 PM NHFT
The jury thing doesn't seem to be allowed for small cases, even if there is jail time.

Where are the Constitutional Scholars when you need them?  Isn't there something about getting a trial if it's more than $20? 

Russell Kanning

someone posts the number every once in a while .... it doesn't seem to matter to the judges though

KBCraig

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on June 22, 2008, 08:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 22, 2008, 05:32 PM NHFT
Where are the Constitutional Scholars when you need them?  Isn't there something about getting a trial if it's more than $20? 

I don't want to dive off into it right now, but I'm pretty sure that's only for criminal trials. Or possibly the guarantee of juries in civil trials over a certain amount.

Anyhoo... states where certain things are "violations" or "civil infractions" don't have to provide juries.

Any traffic ticket in Texas is (at least) a Class C misdemeanor. Sucks to have a "criminal record" for speeding, but it lets activists demand a jury trial if they get a ticket for 37 in a 35.

Kat Kanning

Another registered letter came, but I didn't pick it up.

jzacker

Doesn't really matter if you go to pick up the registered letters or not.  If the Feds or Courts are notifying you of something, and you choose to (willfully) ignore the notification, you are still responsible.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: jzacker on August 17, 2008, 10:35 AM NHFT
Doesn't really matter if you go to pick up the registered letters or not.  If the Feds or Courts are notifying you of something, and you choose to (willfully) ignore the notification, you are still responsible.

She has no obligation to spend time standing in line at the govt post office, just because someone sends a "registered letter".  If you believe she does please explain how the obligation was created.

Jim Johnson

Why does the Fed Court waste money on a certified letter if it doesn't matter if the notification is received or not?  (rhetorical)

The Fed Court will do what ever is convenient to it's self, with a passing nod to procedure.

William

Yes, it does matter. There are procedural rules. They have to notify you, not attempt to notify you. If the letter isn't signed for, they'll send a process server.