• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warrant out for my arrest

Started by Kat Kanning, June 05, 2008, 02:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

in the past they sometimes skip that step or go down another path

It is funny when they make a big deal out of handing you a note. Dave Ridley once had a guy shaking while he tried to hand something to him. We have had bills stuffed in our pockets. I had notes placed in front of me that I said I wasn't going to attend or pay attention to ... the cops try not to hear that stuff. :)

Dave Ridley

Quote from: William on August 18, 2008, 01:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: jzacker on August 17, 2008, 10:35 AM NHFT
Doesn't really matter if you go to pick up the registered letters or not.  If the Feds or Courts are notifying you of something, and you choose to (willfully) ignore the notification, you are still responsible.

Yes, it does matter. There are procedural rules. They have to notify you, not attempt to notify you. If the letter isn't signed for, they'll send a process server.

just get the process server on cam i guess!

jzacker

Quote from: FTL_Ian
She has no obligation to spend time standing in line at the govt post office, just because someone sends a "registered letter".  If you believe she does please explain how the obligation was created.

The court may think the obligation is valid.   Is there an objective way to determine validity?  Perhaps.  If I send you a bill for a service rendered, and you choose not to retrieve or open the bill, is the bill served?  Yes i realize the courts are not really providing a service , I'm just using this as an example to illustrate problems that can occur when the burden of notification is all on one party.

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 18, 2008, 12:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: William on August 18, 2008, 01:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: jzacker on August 17, 2008, 10:35 AM NHFT
Doesn't really matter if you go to pick up the registered letters or not.  If the Feds or Courts are notifying you of something, and you choose to (willfully) ignore the notification, you are still responsible.

Yes, it does matter. There are procedural rules. They have to notify you, not attempt to notify you. If the letter isn't signed for, they'll send a process server.

just get the process server on cam i guess!

The notification requirement may (note MAY) be satisfied simply by sending the letter registered mail.  Not every notice requires a process server, although in this case you may be correct that it would require a server.

But even if the server physically hands the notice over, there's no obligation to open the envelope.  If one never actually sees the notice, is it served?  Probably yes.  Willful blindness isn't a good defense.

Best of luck either way.  Maybe you can make a collage of all the government notices you receive.  Sort of a Tribute to Bureaucracy.   >:D

Luck

Have yous ever checked out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tips_and_tricks or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ed44? I also like http://beatalltraffictickets.com, though it's less cheap. I learned quite a bit of law stuff from all of them.