• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Agorist Propaganda Film

Started by Vitruvian, June 05, 2008, 10:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitruvian

I made this between yesterday and today.  What do you think?

Friday

Good job!!  I like it.   ;D

If I could make a couple of constructive comments:
- some of the graphics are pretty grainy; could you make higher resolution ones?
- I'd strongly suggest adding in something about the nonaggression principle.  You've got at least two references to "fighting", but nothing about the NAP, which could easily give newbies a false impression (or am I off base about the message you're trying to send?)

Excellent use of music! 

Note to self: must buy Kill Bill soundtrack.

Kat Kanning

dalebert

I like. :) Nice intro to anarchy that challenges the stereotypes.

TackleTheWorld

Exciting music and lettering. 
I find it enjoyable, but esoteric.
Too many disconnected quotes of unknown people.  No building to a crescendo, no forming of an argument, no beginning - middle- end. 

KBCraig

This A^3 symbol:

Reminds me of:

8)

Mike Barskey

It is cool to watch and listen to, but to someone who doesn't already know what agorism is, the video seems to incite violence to "smash the state."

memenode

As someone who knows who this video is coming from I like it, but as others have also pointed out good chances are that a newbie would dismiss it.

In fact I don't really consider it good marketing to use the word "anarchy" nor its symbol in our "propaganda" nor to throw such direct statements as "smash the state". It just wont fly with most people.

Convincing people to even openly consider the ideas we hold is challenging them to consider a deep and profound change in their mentality, a whole new paradigm. So I think a direct approach will probably fail more often than not. I think our "propaganda" needs to be either more subtle or more educational where people are led little by little through certain thought processes which make them more open minded towards the facts that we want them to observe.

The reason I write "propaganda" in quotes is because propaganda often implies a sort of brainwashing and I think it'd be best that our presentations be a balancing act between such emotional appeals and factual walk through, with the emphasis on latter.

That said, it's a very nice video and I think it's useful for motivating those who already are in our circles... something to play on events where mostly liberty advocates gather. :)

Nice work.

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: 'Friday'ome of the graphics are pretty grainy; could you make higher resolution ones?

I was looking at the fist that said "Stand And Fight" and I noticed this too. Really though, that old grainy feel does kind of bring to mind the propaganda from WWII. Now, I'm not sure that's exactly the image that one wants brought to mind while exposing a "n00b" to anarchy or agorism but I think it goes kind of make a point unto itself.

Quote from: 'Friday'I'd strongly suggest adding in something about the nonaggression principle.

Personally, as I was watching the video I realized it was "counter" - anti-war, anti-theft. That's fine, honestly, but it's a message that wouldn't personally attract me. Very few rational people actually want war, and most people even rightly associate war with government. But given the choice "No War" or "No Government" most people who aren't really in tune with the NAP and the natural positivity of humanity might be willing to take war as a price for government, which they see as order.

My personal form of activism isn't in showing why the government is evil, it's in showing people why government isn't needed. It's a message of positivity of the individual over the capacity of the collective.

I love the activism that grows around the FSP since that video may appeal to some people. While it wouldn't personally appeal to me, I think it very well may connect with others.