• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bull terrier vs. Porcupine

Started by KBCraig, July 24, 2005, 12:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Kat Kanning

Pat McCotter

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/porcupinedog.asp

Update available:
Origins:? ?An alternate version of this e-mail provides the additional information that the dog pictured above is a female bull terrier named Inca who had her memorable encounter with a porcupine in May 2005:

Inca apparently did not know when to quit when she encountered the porcupine on Victoria Day, May 23rd. These are the pictures the vet sent before the long (and expensive) procedure to remove the quills. She had thousands of quills, and her tongue was so covered, she could not close her mouth.

It was pretty scary at first. She is doing okay now, but looks like a World War III survivor as they had to cut some out in places, stitched between her toes, and many quills bled on removal.

Here are still quills buried in her, but they should work their way out over time (I pulled four more today). She is on antibiotics and pain meds and thankfully is doing quite well. Maybe she was showing off for her new boyfriend, Rocky, I don't know; but he only got a few in him, which friends were able to remove. Ike, of course, had better sense.

I sure hope that the Queen of Quills has learned her lesson...

These photos (along with a pre-quilling picture of Inca) were posted to the Citytv message board.

Michael Fisher

:o :o :o

I'm traumatized from those pictures!

KBCraig

Sounds like Inca's owner might be one of us. Checking the posts on this story, her signature is "I love my country, but I fear my government".

Or, it could just be that she's a rabid anti-Republican. People do tend to be more dramatic when the opposition is in power. Not me; I'm opposed to both major parties!

Kevin

Pat McCotter

The e-mail says it happened on "Victoria Day", so the author seems to be Canadian.

KBCraig

Ah. All the more reason to fear, eh?  ;)

Michael Fisher

WOW!!!

My wife and I saw a REAL porcupine on our walk tonight!  It was almost hit by a car, but the car luckily stopped in time and honked at it.

I carry a pretty powerful flashlight now, and the porcupine was having a really hard time climbing up a steep hill on the side of the road, so we got a good look at it for a few minutes.

It was about 8 feet away from us!  It looked back at us and probably just saw a tunnel of light, thinking his life was over.   ;D  It was about 18" long from nose to tail.  It had brown eyes and was all brown, but the end of some of his back quills were white.

I wouldn't want to mess with him!  :o

Our dogs saw it but didn't even care so they must be smarter than they look.   ;D