• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bicycle Rally in Keene

Started by Kat Kanning, June 10, 2008, 05:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 13, 2008, 08:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 13, 2008, 08:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 12, 2008, 02:16 PM NHFT
As it turns out, I too am scheduled for an Alien pick up on this date, but I picked up a brochure about Manadnock railtrails.  Ask me for it when you see me.

Actually a Monadnock area Bicycle map :blush:

Cool :)  Will you have it with you Saturday?
I will try to keep them  with me. I might give one to James for insurance.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Coconut on June 13, 2008, 08:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: Becky Thatcher on June 13, 2008, 08:19 AM NHFT
No.  I don't think nude and bicycle seat go very well together. ;D

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Sounds like there's a story here  :)

Coconut

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 13, 2008, 09:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on June 13, 2008, 08:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: Becky Thatcher on June 13, 2008, 08:19 AM NHFT
No.  I don't think nude and bicycle seat go very well together. ;D

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Sounds like there's a story here  :)

I unfortunately can't say i 've tried it. But i've more than once been with only a bathrobe...

Recumbent ReCycler

I am thinking about cycling to Keene that weekend, but I think I would want to be on my way back on Sunday.  It's over a hundred miles from my house to Keene, so I want to split up the trip over a few days.  I think I could ride over 50 miles per day, but I won't know until I try.

David

Wow.   :o  You are one serious bike rider.  Keep in mind the hills when you ride.  50 miles is more than 50 miles when you have to go up and down hills. 

Kat Kanning

Kira's dad used to do ~100 miles a day when he was bike touring.  We have couch space to crash on.

Would it bother people to change this to the 5th, or are people's plans already set?  It doesn't matter to me.

Recumbent ReCycler

When I was a teenager, I sometimes rode over 100 miles in a day.  This year, I haven't ridden more than about 34 miles in one day (including lots of hills), but I would like to push myself and try to go farther.  While my physical condition has improved fairly significantly this year, I would like to return to the kind of shape I was in back in the late '90s.  I lost over 15 lbs so far this year, but would like to lose another 20 or 25 so that I will look lean and muscular again.  My leg muscles are almost back to the way they looked when I was younger, and I've lost most of my gut, so that now when I stand up straight my shirt hangs straight down below my chest instead of draping over my gut, but I'd like to get rid of that last bit of fat that covers up my abdominal muscles and that is more obvious when I'm sitting.  I would also like to get into the kind of shape where I can ride 100+ miles per day for two or more days in a row.

Kat Kanning

Riding to Keene would give you a nice destination  :D

Russell Kanning

so our 1st rally could be the last 3 miles of DofL's trip :)

Tom Sawyer

I think the 5th works for us.

Wow, D of L sure sounds like he is doing well with the riding.  8)

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 17, 2008, 03:31 PM NHFT
so our 1st rally could be the last 3 miles of DofL's trip :)
He'll prolly still outpace us.   ;)

Unfortunately neither day is good for me.  I work the weekends.   :-\

Kat Kanning

I didn't hear any objections, so switched it to July 5th, 10:30 am.  :)

Did I mention we have couch crash space if you need it, DoL?

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 19, 2008, 08:13 AM NHFT
I didn't hear any objections, so switched it to July 5th, 10:30 am.  :)

Did I mention we have couch crash space if you need it, DoL?
Thank you Kat!

Recumbent ReCycler

Saturday I rode about 30 miles while pulling the trailer with some stuff in it (about 70 - 100 lbs), and I was pretty much tuckered out and my knees were sore after about 30 miles of hilly riding.  I don't think I'll be able to handle 50+ miles per day by next weekend, so it doesn't look like I'll be making it to Keene within the next month.  Perhaps some other day after I've improved more.  By the way, I am down to 210 lbs, so I've lost 20 lbs in the last 6 months.

Kat Kanning

Congrats on the weight loss  :D  Sorry we won't be seeing you.