• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bicycle Rally in Keene

Started by Kat Kanning, June 10, 2008, 05:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We have a few options.

One idea was to start from the side of Target (where the trails begin) and run up the railtrail, swing by Stonewall Farm and head back. We could have lunch at Price Chopper.

Another is to head from the Target parking lot to a restaurant somewhere by way of Wheelock and Ashuelot Parks after the other loop. This would take longer, but give us a destination to hit.

We could also start the whole thing from the park, but it doesn't have restrooms or supply places.

Friday

I'm still trying to get a bike; it's proving more challenging than I expected.  Also, guys who work in bike shops are really rude.   >:(

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 30, 2008, 11:44 AM NHFT
We have a few options.

One idea was to start from the side of Target (where the trails begin) and run up the railtrail, swing by Stonewall Farm and head back. We could have lunch at Price Chopper.

Another is to head from the Target parking lot to a restaurant somewhere by way of Wheelock and Ashuelot Parks after the other loop. This would take longer, but give us a destination to hit.

We could also start the whole thing from the park, but it doesn't have restrooms or supply places.

William and I have talked about being dropped off at the top of the mountain between Chesterfield and Keene and riding into Keene. Almost all down hill... weeeeeee.. :D

The Target parking lot is a nice starting point for a ride, we have ridden from there before.  8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on June 30, 2008, 07:07 PM NHFT
I'm still trying to get a bike; it's proving more challenging than I expected.  Also, guys who work in bike shops are really rude.   >:(

We must find Friday a bike to ride.  :)

Lauren and Jim gave a bike to Elizabeth that they got from Whip and Sue.  8)

Russell Kanning

I think we have a bike you can borrow. It will work and you don't have to get one across the state.

From the top of the hill will be fun.

The next rally could be the one Lauren talked about ... mostly down hill. :)

Coconut

Quote from: Friday on June 30, 2008, 07:07 PM NHFT
Also, guys who work in bike shops are really rude.   >:(

Are you talking about Mr. Andy. He's not rude... well.... I dunno. He's blunt.

David

I don't believe Friday lives in keene, (yet  >:D  ) so I doubt she was talking about Andys Bikes.  But yeah, you are right, he is blunt.  Good bike service though.   :)  Not so good customer service.  Norms Bike and ski has better cust. service. 

Coconut

Quote from: David on June 30, 2008, 09:30 PM NHFT
I don't believe Friday lives in keene, (yet  >:D  ) so I doubt she was talking about Andys Bikes.  But yeah, you are right, he is blunt.  Good bike service though.   :)  Not so good customer service.  Norms Bike and ski has better cust. service. 

What problems have you had with customer service?

Friday

Quote from: Coconut on June 30, 2008, 09:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on June 30, 2008, 09:30 PM NHFT

What problems have you had with customer service?
First I went to Nault's in Manchester.  They didn't appear to have the model I was interested in... but I couldn't confirm that, because I couldn't so much as get a salesperson to make eye contact with me, despite 10-15 minutes in the store.  I figure if I'm going to spend several hundred dollars at a business, they can try a *little* harder than that.   >:(  Then I went to Goodale's in Nashua, after checking the inventory on their website... only to be told that just because they list something as in stock on their website doesn't necessarily mean it's ASSEMBLED.   :P  They weren't that friendly at Goodale's either, and made no effort to sell me a different model than the specific one I asked about. They said they'd call me when the one I expressed interest in was assembled.  They didn't call today.  I dunno...

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Russell got a nice bike at Walmart.  Good customer service.

Russell Kanning

We also liked Norm's in Keene. Nice owners ... nice counter help ... actually had what I needed.

The guy at Andy's didn't seem to want us there .... so I left.

If you are going to pay bike shop prices, they should be happy to see you and help you. The guy at Walmart had more time for me ... and they wonder why they are taking over the world.

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 01, 2008, 08:12 AM NHFT
The guy at Andy's didn't seem to want us there .... so I left.

Well when you're trying to run a business, customers can be very distracting.

Friday

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 01, 2008, 04:10 AM NHFT
Russell got a nice bike at Walmart.  Good customer service.
Checking out their website, they do have some decent (and cheap) bikes.  And bike shop #2 hasn't even bothered to call me as they said they would.  :P  Maybe I will go to Wallyworld.

Friday

OK, this is getting out of control.  I'm developing analysis paralysis.   :-[

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 30, 2008, 07:52 PM NHFT
I think we have a bike you can borrow. It will work and you don't have to get one across the state.
Please let me know for sure if this loaner is available. Thanks!