• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

6/8/08 Open carry incident in Manchester

Started by Dave Ridley, June 10, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

doobie

Great letter Ryan!  Bravo!  I can't wait for the response to the letter!  Anyone up for an OC trip through Manchester this weekend?  I'm free Sunday for sure as of right now.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: doobie on June 20, 2008, 04:50 PM NHFT
Great letter Ryan!  Bravo!  I can't wait for the response to the letter!  Anyone up for an OC trip through Manchester this weekend?  I'm free Sunday for sure as of right now.

Agreed with everyone above, wonderfully written letter Ryan. 8)
As far as Sunday goes, me, my wife and Ryan will be going to Church, sometime after that I would be up for it. I also believe that Ryan is planning an open carry litter pick up for the weekend after this, too.

ReverendRyan

Scheduling an OC litter pickup June 29 at 3. Meet at Veterans Park, thence to the PD, thence down to Lake, following the same route to Porc Central.

Tom Sawyer

QuoteWe were also told one officer's side of the story about a similar stop last fall involving our friend David Ridley, implying that either the officers involved knew they were crossing the line, or that it is Manchester Police Department's own policy to do so.

This is not possible is it... we were assured that the mayor was our buddy and had told the police not to hassle folks for open carry.
(sarcasm)

Pat McCotter

Manchester Express has the story in the June 19 edition.
Currently here (PDF).
After June 25th it should be here (PDF).

doobie

Quote from: The Right Reverend Doctor Pope Sir Ryan on June 20, 2008, 05:06 PM NHFT
Scheduling an OC litter pickup June 29 at 3. Meet at Veterans Park, thence to the PD, thence down to Lake, following the same route to Porc Central.

Dang it... I can't make it then  :(

KBCraig

Quote from: The Right Reverend Doctor Pope Sir Ryan on June 20, 2008, 04:19 PM NHFT
The following letter was sent today to Ayotte, Guinta, and Mara:

Excellent letter!

One point, though:

QuoteOn the afternoon of Sunday, June 8, at approximately 5:45pm, I left a small gathering at Murphy's Taproom, located at 494 Elm Street.

I'd have left Murphy's out of it. Keith has already had his liquor license and livelihood threatened by being associated with open carry. "At a restaurant on Elm Street" would do.

Water under the bridge, though. Good letter!

ReverendRyan

Atlas

Though the entire letter was dynamite, this is my favorite part... +1 for a week straight

Quote from: The Right Reverend Doctor Pope Sir Ryan on June 20, 2008, 04:19 PM NHFT

A Manchester Police Department policy of immediate dismissal of any officer found to have repeatedly unlawfully detained any citizen simply for lawfully exercising his or her constitutional rights.

Edwin Sheldon

First off, your letter was very well-written, Sir Ryan.  I only wish I could have been so articulate in my own dealings with local thugs regarding legal open carry in Alabama.

Secondly, have there been any updates regarding this incident?  Any responses of any kind?

MaineShark

Free libertarian

Nice letter Ryan.  Thanks for doing a great job and standing up for our rights. Your letter offers them a very reasonable solution, we will learn alot based on their response.

FTL_Ian

Latest Ridley Report:

From now on, meetings with police should be held in neutral locations, as they are simply exerting control over you (Ryan) for the fun of it.