• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Join the 1st Burning Porcupine Work Party Weekend & Summer Solstice Celebration

Started by Russell Kanning, June 13, 2008, 10:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Join the:
1st Burning Porcupine Work Party Weekend and Summer Solstic Celebration (FBPWPWSSC) June 20th,21st, and 22nd.

Kat Kira and I enjoyed 2 short days and 1 night under the stars at the Hoyt Road Farm last weekend and got a little work done. We will be staying the night Friday and Saturday next weekend and would like it if others joined us.

Current facilities:
soft grassy fields for tenting (shade or full sun available)
old farmhouse for lightning storms
cold water
drinking water
bathroom
refridgerator
stove
some kitchen utencils
cold showers or creek for bathing
room to shoot guns, arrows, pitchfork throwing

Needed:
planning and scheming
restacking some rocks and bolders for amphitheater walls
building Burning Porcupine alter of fire
splashing and playing in creek
swatting flies (definitely need bug repellant)
light plumbing and look at what to do next
look at electrical system for safety and band needs
check out roof situation
choose your camping spot for official Burning Porcupine 2008
naming various locations on the site

we will do these things and maybe more depending on how many people come to visit. The busiest time will be saturday morning for working and that afternoon and evening for playing.

We will celebrating the longest day of the year on Friday. Come and enjoy the nice sunset on Smith mountain. Day trippers very welcome and the more hardy can camp with us on either of the nights.

Russell Kanning

Bob is supplying the location and is buying repair supplies and such.
Lloyd has the water pump working.

Down the road we could work on a temporary or trailer based shower house.

firecracker joe

Russell Kanning

Lex

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I'll bring my glass encrusted corral, invisible fence and collars

Russell Kanning

John

Just finding this ; ; ;
If one got out of work @ about 1:00 a.m. in a far away place ("outside the shire") and could not make it "till" shortly before the birds start singing, what would one do?   >:D
If I make it and you-all are sleeping I'll maybe meditate for a while . . . I sometimes find it hard to meditate in the midst of the pleasure of great company.

I'll HAPPILY give up some meditation  ;) . . . After all: We-all are HOME!

JJ

I am able to come up Saturday morning and spend the night.  Any suggestions for tools that we might need?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: John on June 18, 2008, 12:18 PM NHFT
Just finding this ; ; ;
If one got out of work @ about 1:00 a.m. in a far away place ("outside the shire") and could not make it "till" shortly before the birds start singing, what would one do?   >:D
If I make it and you-all are sleeping I'll maybe meditate for a while . . . I sometimes find it hard to meditate in the midst of the pleasure of great company.

I'll HAPPILY give up some meditation  ;) . . . After all: We-all are HOME!

Anytime one showed up there, there would be tons of room to camp.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: JJ on June 18, 2008, 12:27 PM NHFT
I am able to come up Saturday morning and spend the night.  Any suggestions for tools that we might need?
If we got really serious we could do some copper tube plumbing, but that might not be your style.

Puke

Sounds like fun, but I've got to do some stuff that I put off for PorcFest.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 18, 2008, 03:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: JJ on June 18, 2008, 12:27 PM NHFT
If we got really serious we could do some copper tube plumbing, but that might not be your style.

Is this to repair burst pipes or run new water lines? I've had some success lately with using 1/2 pex tubing and fittings for repairs rather than copper and solder.  Not sure yet, but I might be able to spend a couple hours on Friday...I have some spare pex tubing, enough to fix leaks anyway if that helps.    Also chain saw(s) if those are needed.

Kat Kanning